Aug 24, 2010, 12:30 AM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Thrashers re-sign Bryan Little – He regressed a bit last season, but that’s still a pretty good deal for a guy who already hit the 30-plus goal mark once so far.
Cristobal Huet to play in Switzerland – So much for the Chicago Blackhawks’ salary cap issues. Now, that whole losing money thing? That could still be a problem.
Red Wings re-sign Justin Abdelkader – Another good player signed for a cheap price. Today was a good day for contract extensions, at least for the teams who signed them.
Blues search for investors going along slowly – Maybe they can generate more interest if they win more games next season?
Michael Bublé mocks the Calgary Flames – Some might call him irresponsible.
NHL’s successes in Europe increase with more preseason games – Jetlag Shmetlag.
Report: Kovalchuk, Devils decision coming soon – Stay tuned, hockey fans.
Niklas Kronwall’s still dealing with knee problems – He’s still on the fence about surgery. That’s not good.
Cristobal Huet’s agent says he would have been willing to renegotiate his contract – Unfortunately, the current CBA won’t allow him to do so. Instead, Huet will have to play overseas.
Poll results: Readers want the NHL to stay with the Olympics – Good to know you’re not (completely) crazy sometimes.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 50
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 2
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)