Aug 24, 2010, 12:30 AM EST
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Thrashers re-sign Bryan Little – He regressed a bit last season, but that’s still a pretty good deal for a guy who already hit the 30-plus goal mark once so far.
Cristobal Huet to play in Switzerland – So much for the Chicago Blackhawks’ salary cap issues. Now, that whole losing money thing? That could still be a problem.
Red Wings re-sign Justin Abdelkader – Another good player signed for a cheap price. Today was a good day for contract extensions, at least for the teams who signed them.
Blues search for investors going along slowly – Maybe they can generate more interest if they win more games next season?
Michael Bublé mocks the Calgary Flames – Some might call him irresponsible.
NHL’s successes in Europe increase with more preseason games – Jetlag Shmetlag.
Report: Kovalchuk, Devils decision coming soon – Stay tuned, hockey fans.
Niklas Kronwall’s still dealing with knee problems – He’s still on the fence about surgery. That’s not good.
Cristobal Huet’s agent says he would have been willing to renegotiate his contract – Unfortunately, the current CBA won’t allow him to do so. Instead, Huet will have to play overseas.
Poll results: Readers want the NHL to stay with the Olympics – Good to know you’re not (completely) crazy sometimes.
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 14
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 12
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 28
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 17
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 80
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)