Aug 24, 2010, 12:30 AM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Thrashers re-sign Bryan Little – He regressed a bit last season, but that’s still a pretty good deal for a guy who already hit the 30-plus goal mark once so far.
Cristobal Huet to play in Switzerland – So much for the Chicago Blackhawks’ salary cap issues. Now, that whole losing money thing? That could still be a problem.
Red Wings re-sign Justin Abdelkader – Another good player signed for a cheap price. Today was a good day for contract extensions, at least for the teams who signed them.
Blues search for investors going along slowly – Maybe they can generate more interest if they win more games next season?
Michael Bublé mocks the Calgary Flames – Some might call him irresponsible.
NHL’s successes in Europe increase with more preseason games – Jetlag Shmetlag.
Report: Kovalchuk, Devils decision coming soon – Stay tuned, hockey fans.
Niklas Kronwall’s still dealing with knee problems – He’s still on the fence about surgery. That’s not good.
Cristobal Huet’s agent says he would have been willing to renegotiate his contract – Unfortunately, the current CBA won’t allow him to do so. Instead, Huet will have to play overseas.
Poll results: Readers want the NHL to stay with the Olympics – Good to know you’re not (completely) crazy sometimes.
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 1
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 6
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 7
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 2
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll may have head, shoulder injuries 15
- Rangers’ goaltending a concern? ‘We know what Henrik is,’ says Tortorella 24
- Discuss: Bruins find scoring touch in Game 2 win over Rangers 42
- Playoffs tonight: Spezza’s Game 3 return, Bruins-Rangers highlight your Sunday 5
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call 64
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (94)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PBT: Spurs have too much offense for Grizz in Gm. 1
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot