Aug 24, 2010, 12:30 AM EST
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Thrashers re-sign Bryan Little – He regressed a bit last season, but that’s still a pretty good deal for a guy who already hit the 30-plus goal mark once so far.
Cristobal Huet to play in Switzerland – So much for the Chicago Blackhawks’ salary cap issues. Now, that whole losing money thing? That could still be a problem.
Red Wings re-sign Justin Abdelkader – Another good player signed for a cheap price. Today was a good day for contract extensions, at least for the teams who signed them.
Blues search for investors going along slowly – Maybe they can generate more interest if they win more games next season?
Michael Bublé mocks the Calgary Flames – Some might call him irresponsible.
NHL’s successes in Europe increase with more preseason games – Jetlag Shmetlag.
Report: Kovalchuk, Devils decision coming soon – Stay tuned, hockey fans.
Niklas Kronwall’s still dealing with knee problems – He’s still on the fence about surgery. That’s not good.
Cristobal Huet’s agent says he would have been willing to renegotiate his contract – Unfortunately, the current CBA won’t allow him to do so. Instead, Huet will have to play overseas.
Poll results: Readers want the NHL to stay with the Olympics – Good to know you’re not (completely) crazy sometimes.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 13
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 42
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)