Aug 24, 2010, 3:15 PM EDT
The Tampa Bay Lightning announced today that center Vincent Lecavalier underwent a successful minor arthroscopic procedure on his left knee this morning at the Florida Medical Clinic in Tampa. The procedure was performed by Lightning Orthopedic Surgeon Dr. Ira Guttentag.
The recovery time is still expected to be 3-4 weeks and Lecavalier should be fully prepared to participate in the Lightning’s training camp, which begins Friday, September 17.
It’s been a great summer of change for the Tampa Bay Lightning, but their big captain is still arguably the pivotal player when it comes to their success (being that Martin St. Louis and Steven Stamkos seem quite a bit more reliable).
The team seems confident that Lecavalier will be back for the beginning of training camp, but they should certainly proceed with caution if his knee requires a little more rest. You don’t want to mess with that sort of thing, especially with a veteran player who will earn a whopping $10 million salary next season.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)