Aug 24, 2010, 3:15 PM EDT
The Tampa Bay Lightning announced today that center Vincent Lecavalier underwent a successful minor arthroscopic procedure on his left knee this morning at the Florida Medical Clinic in Tampa. The procedure was performed by Lightning Orthopedic Surgeon Dr. Ira Guttentag.
The recovery time is still expected to be 3-4 weeks and Lecavalier should be fully prepared to participate in the Lightning’s training camp, which begins Friday, September 17.
It’s been a great summer of change for the Tampa Bay Lightning, but their big captain is still arguably the pivotal player when it comes to their success (being that Martin St. Louis and Steven Stamkos seem quite a bit more reliable).
The team seems confident that Lecavalier will be back for the beginning of training camp, but they should certainly proceed with caution if his knee requires a little more rest. You don’t want to mess with that sort of thing, especially with a veteran player who will earn a whopping $10 million salary next season.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (86)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)