Aug 22, 2010, 11:30 PM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Even when we have really slow ones. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Discussing the Penguins’ faulty depth – Pittsburgh definitely lacks for wingers, but it’s clear that Ray Shero valued the defensemen on the market much more.
Brent Whitfield could be out for the season – Wow, those Boston Bruins just can’t stay healthy, can they?
Flames prospect battles back from blood clot problems – Reason Hockey Players are Tough #1,394.
Analyzing 3-on-3 overtime – I’d rather go with a longer overtime and no shootout, personally.
Brian Burke testified against the Ilya Kovalchuk contract – Not surprising, but I wonder if Burke would’ve been in that seat if … you know, he had anyone worthy of signing to a Kovalchuk-type contract in Toronto.
Cam Janssen calls Krys Barch out on Twitter – I get the feeling this would have really pissed off John Wayne.
Taking a look at the agenda for this week’s World Hockey Summit – Hopefully there will be something interesting – or dare I say it, productive – that comes from these meetings.
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 0
- Sabres’ Kane (shoulder) ‘ahead of schedule’ with recovery 7
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 31
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 16
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 76
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 58
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (58)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)