Aug 22, 2010, 11:30 PM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Even when we have really slow ones. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Discussing the Penguins’ faulty depth – Pittsburgh definitely lacks for wingers, but it’s clear that Ray Shero valued the defensemen on the market much more.
Brent Whitfield could be out for the season – Wow, those Boston Bruins just can’t stay healthy, can they?
Flames prospect battles back from blood clot problems – Reason Hockey Players are Tough #1,394.
Analyzing 3-on-3 overtime – I’d rather go with a longer overtime and no shootout, personally.
Brian Burke testified against the Ilya Kovalchuk contract – Not surprising, but I wonder if Burke would’ve been in that seat if … you know, he had anyone worthy of signing to a Kovalchuk-type contract in Toronto.
Cam Janssen calls Krys Barch out on Twitter – I get the feeling this would have really pissed off John Wayne.
Taking a look at the agenda for this week’s World Hockey Summit – Hopefully there will be something interesting – or dare I say it, productive – that comes from these meetings.
- Letang banged up by Doan hit 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 1
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- The King is back: Lundqvist starts for Rangers Saturday 8
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 16
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)