Aug 22, 2010, 11:30 PM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Even when we have really slow ones. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Discussing the Penguins’ faulty depth – Pittsburgh definitely lacks for wingers, but it’s clear that Ray Shero valued the defensemen on the market much more.
Brent Whitfield could be out for the season – Wow, those Boston Bruins just can’t stay healthy, can they?
Flames prospect battles back from blood clot problems – Reason Hockey Players are Tough #1,394.
Analyzing 3-on-3 overtime – I’d rather go with a longer overtime and no shootout, personally.
Brian Burke testified against the Ilya Kovalchuk contract – Not surprising, but I wonder if Burke would’ve been in that seat if … you know, he had anyone worthy of signing to a Kovalchuk-type contract in Toronto.
Cam Janssen calls Krys Barch out on Twitter – I get the feeling this would have really pissed off John Wayne.
Taking a look at the agenda for this week’s World Hockey Summit – Hopefully there will be something interesting – or dare I say it, productive – that comes from these meetings.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6