Aug 22, 2010, 8:30 PM EDT
A ticket to the World Hockey Summit is a big expenditure even for the most well-off hockey fan at a resounding $450. Instead of selling a kidney or stiffing your roommate for rent, how about you follow along with us as we follow the stories of the event, which starts Monday?
(For the record, neither Joe nor I are planning on attending it, either.)
Here is an outline of the participants and subjects of discussion for next week’s big meeting(s) via TSN.
A signature attraction has been scheduled for each day, with Fasel scheduled to speak on Tuesday, Bettman following on Wednesday and the future of the women’s game set to dominate discussion on Thursday.
Player development, international transfers and a global agenda will also be among the issues up for discussion through the week. Canadian hockey veteran Hayley Wickenheiser, Ottawa Senators captain Daniel Alfredsson and Tampa Bay Lightning general manager Steve Yzerman will be among those chatting on Monday.
NHL agents Pat Brisson and Don Meehan are set to participate in a panel on Monday night discussing the role agents play in drawing European talent to the Canadian junior system. That is the same night NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly and KHL chairman Vyacheslav Fetisov will sit at the same table to talk about international contract issues.
Again, we will keep a steady eye on the World Hockey Summit and pass along some of the most interesting stories/quotes/rumors. Frankly, if the NHL and European hockey leagues could figure out a way to nail down a legitimate transfer agreement, the Summit would be worth all the frequent flyer miles spent to assemble this group of hockey minds.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39