Aug 22, 2010, 8:30 PM EDT
A ticket to the World Hockey Summit is a big expenditure even for the most well-off hockey fan at a resounding $450. Instead of selling a kidney or stiffing your roommate for rent, how about you follow along with us as we follow the stories of the event, which starts Monday?
(For the record, neither Joe nor I are planning on attending it, either.)
Here is an outline of the participants and subjects of discussion for next week’s big meeting(s) via TSN.
A signature attraction has been scheduled for each day, with Fasel scheduled to speak on Tuesday, Bettman following on Wednesday and the future of the women’s game set to dominate discussion on Thursday.
Player development, international transfers and a global agenda will also be among the issues up for discussion through the week. Canadian hockey veteran Hayley Wickenheiser, Ottawa Senators captain Daniel Alfredsson and Tampa Bay Lightning general manager Steve Yzerman will be among those chatting on Monday.
NHL agents Pat Brisson and Don Meehan are set to participate in a panel on Monday night discussing the role agents play in drawing European talent to the Canadian junior system. That is the same night NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly and KHL chairman Vyacheslav Fetisov will sit at the same table to talk about international contract issues.
Again, we will keep a steady eye on the World Hockey Summit and pass along some of the most interesting stories/quotes/rumors. Frankly, if the NHL and European hockey leagues could figure out a way to nail down a legitimate transfer agreement, the Summit would be worth all the frequent flyer miles spent to assemble this group of hockey minds.
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 0
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 32
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)