Aug 21, 2010, 12:30 AM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Alex Semin gets in a car accident, but is unharmed – Oddly enough, Danny Briere got in one too and was relatively un-phased. See that, hockey players are people too.
Canucks sign Bill Sweatt – Someone, somewhere better have made “No Sweatt!” puns in their headlines today.
Henrik Lundqvist realistic about Rangers chances next season – Cue the “Lowered Expectations” graphic from Mad TV …
Alex Burrows’ return from shoulder surgery up in the air – That’s what he gets for making that “bow and arrow” hand motion, though, right?
Another Tomas Kaberle controversy – Those newspaper folks really aren’t big fans of bloggers, are they?
Bryan Little close to re-signing with Thrashers – It will be interesting to see if he can re-gain his 30-goal form from two seasons ago.
Dale Tallon sees a lot of Blackhawks in his new Panthers team – Or is he just looking at the Atlanta Thrashers roster on accident? Stupid fax machines mucking everything up again …
Penguins sign Arron Asham – Now, if “Arron” can just spell his first name “Aaron” they’d really be onto something.
Improving women’s hockey – There might not be much money in it, really, but women deserve to play the sport on as large of a scale as possible, too.
Tempers flare between Carrie Underwood, Mike Fisher – Hey, but at least some scrubby blogger was able to make a few jokes about it, right?
Well, at least he fastened the Stanley Cup’s seatbelt – Only Dustin Byfuglien. OK, maybe Sean Avery, too.
Who is the best and worst at shootouts? – They might take away from the competitive balance of the sport, but shootouts are a reality and the teams who acknowledge that could really benefit.
- Playoffs Tonight: Bruins know series vs Rangers isn’t over 2
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 17
- Discuss: Penguins overwhelm Senators to take Game 4 60
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting 91
- Gillis: Vigneault fired because results weren’t there 20
- Official: Canucks fire head coach Vigneault, assistants Bowness and Brown 33
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? 99
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 38
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 29
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 62
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (93)
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (92)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games