Aug 21, 2010, 12:30 AM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Alex Semin gets in a car accident, but is unharmed – Oddly enough, Danny Briere got in one too and was relatively un-phased. See that, hockey players are people too.
Canucks sign Bill Sweatt – Someone, somewhere better have made “No Sweatt!” puns in their headlines today.
Henrik Lundqvist realistic about Rangers chances next season – Cue the “Lowered Expectations” graphic from Mad TV …
Alex Burrows’ return from shoulder surgery up in the air – That’s what he gets for making that “bow and arrow” hand motion, though, right?
Another Tomas Kaberle controversy – Those newspaper folks really aren’t big fans of bloggers, are they?
Bryan Little close to re-signing with Thrashers – It will be interesting to see if he can re-gain his 30-goal form from two seasons ago.
Dale Tallon sees a lot of Blackhawks in his new Panthers team – Or is he just looking at the Atlanta Thrashers roster on accident? Stupid fax machines mucking everything up again …
Penguins sign Arron Asham – Now, if “Arron” can just spell his first name “Aaron” they’d really be onto something.
Improving women’s hockey – There might not be much money in it, really, but women deserve to play the sport on as large of a scale as possible, too.
Tempers flare between Carrie Underwood, Mike Fisher – Hey, but at least some scrubby blogger was able to make a few jokes about it, right?
Well, at least he fastened the Stanley Cup’s seatbelt – Only Dustin Byfuglien. OK, maybe Sean Avery, too.
Who is the best and worst at shootouts? – They might take away from the competitive balance of the sport, but shootouts are a reality and the teams who acknowledge that could really benefit.
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 2
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 10
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 71
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 35
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (71)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)