Aug 21, 2010, 12:50 PM EDT
After Julian Brisebois left his position as director of hockey operations to take an assistant GM job with the Tampa Bay Lightning, the Montreal Canadiens needed to find a replacement. Team president and CEO Pierre Boivin didn’t go far to do just that; he just reached directly down the family tree.
The son of Montreal Canadiens President and CEO is expected to be named the club’s director of hockey operations, according to RDS.
Pierre Boivin will make the announcment that his son Patrick will replace Julien Brisebois, who was recently hired as assistant GM by the Tampa Bay Lightning.
Patrick Boivin has been with the team since 2003 (according to his LinkedIn account, at least). His title seemed to be related to marketing that entire time, although it’s probably natural that he has been groomed for this type of job for years.
The team still needs to make some front office moves, unless current Habs GM Pierre Gauthier is indeed comfortable with also being the general manager of their AHL affiliate, the Hamilton Bulldogs.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 2
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 8
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)