Aug 21, 2010, 12:50 PM EDT
After Julian Brisebois left his position as director of hockey operations to take an assistant GM job with the Tampa Bay Lightning, the Montreal Canadiens needed to find a replacement. Team president and CEO Pierre Boivin didn’t go far to do just that; he just reached directly down the family tree.
The son of Montreal Canadiens President and CEO is expected to be named the club’s director of hockey operations, according to RDS.
Pierre Boivin will make the announcment that his son Patrick will replace Julien Brisebois, who was recently hired as assistant GM by the Tampa Bay Lightning.
Patrick Boivin has been with the team since 2003 (according to his LinkedIn account, at least). His title seemed to be related to marketing that entire time, although it’s probably natural that he has been groomed for this type of job for years.
The team still needs to make some front office moves, unless current Habs GM Pierre Gauthier is indeed comfortable with also being the general manager of their AHL affiliate, the Hamilton Bulldogs.
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 1
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 49
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)