Aug 21, 2010, 12:50 PM EST
After Julian Brisebois left his position as director of hockey operations to take an assistant GM job with the Tampa Bay Lightning, the Montreal Canadiens needed to find a replacement. Team president and CEO Pierre Boivin didn’t go far to do just that; he just reached directly down the family tree.
The son of Montreal Canadiens President and CEO is expected to be named the club’s director of hockey operations, according to RDS.
Pierre Boivin will make the announcment that his son Patrick will replace Julien Brisebois, who was recently hired as assistant GM by the Tampa Bay Lightning.
Patrick Boivin has been with the team since 2003 (according to his LinkedIn account, at least). His title seemed to be related to marketing that entire time, although it’s probably natural that he has been groomed for this type of job for years.
The team still needs to make some front office moves, unless current Habs GM Pierre Gauthier is indeed comfortable with also being the general manager of their AHL affiliate, the Hamilton Bulldogs.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 24
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 23
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 42
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)