Aug 21, 2010, 12:50 PM EDT
After Julian Brisebois left his position as director of hockey operations to take an assistant GM job with the Tampa Bay Lightning, the Montreal Canadiens needed to find a replacement. Team president and CEO Pierre Boivin didn’t go far to do just that; he just reached directly down the family tree.
The son of Montreal Canadiens President and CEO is expected to be named the club’s director of hockey operations, according to RDS.
Pierre Boivin will make the announcment that his son Patrick will replace Julien Brisebois, who was recently hired as assistant GM by the Tampa Bay Lightning.
Patrick Boivin has been with the team since 2003 (according to his LinkedIn account, at least). His title seemed to be related to marketing that entire time, although it’s probably natural that he has been groomed for this type of job for years.
The team still needs to make some front office moves, unless current Habs GM Pierre Gauthier is indeed comfortable with also being the general manager of their AHL affiliate, the Hamilton Bulldogs.
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 0
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 5
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 21
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 58
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 4
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings top Blackhawks in Game 3
- Play Video: Cleary: 'We won't be exchanging Christmas cards'
- Play Video: 'Hawks potential tying goal waved off
- Play Video: Blackhawks score on controversial play
- Play Video: Blackhawks bring the pain
- Play Video: Red Wings and BlackHawks fighting for control