Aug 21, 2010, 11:50 AM EDT
Yesterday, Joe touched on the escalating allegations of plagiarism between Maple Leafs blog Pension Plan Puppets and newspaper The Toronto Sun. In case you aren’t up to speed on the subject, the blog put up a translated interview from a Czech source, only to notice that the Sun published a translation that seemed curiously similar.
Things only got worse when the Sun editor provided an explanation that rubbed the bloggers the wrong way.
Even so, I figured the mostly behind-the-scenes squabble would blow over soon enough. It appears that won’t be the case – at least not today – as Pension Plan Puppets claims there’s another discrepancy. After comparing two translations they feel were taken without proper credit, the bloggers left this sharp comment.
Dave, since I know you’re reading this, why don’t you just drop us an email and say “thanks for translating this, can we use the translated quotes?” We would have said “sure”, as long as you gave credit to Rom and now sleza whose work you’ve stolen.
Despite a moderate journalism background, I can’t say that I’m an expert on plagiarism, so I can’t say beyond a shadow of a doubt that David Fuller and the Toronto Sun are guilty. That aside, the translations do seem fishy. Who knows how far this situation will go, but we’ll keep an eye on it for the time being.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)