Aug 21, 2010, 11:50 AM EDT
Yesterday, Joe touched on the escalating allegations of plagiarism between Maple Leafs blog Pension Plan Puppets and newspaper The Toronto Sun. In case you aren’t up to speed on the subject, the blog put up a translated interview from a Czech source, only to notice that the Sun published a translation that seemed curiously similar.
Things only got worse when the Sun editor provided an explanation that rubbed the bloggers the wrong way.
Even so, I figured the mostly behind-the-scenes squabble would blow over soon enough. It appears that won’t be the case – at least not today – as Pension Plan Puppets claims there’s another discrepancy. After comparing two translations they feel were taken without proper credit, the bloggers left this sharp comment.
Dave, since I know you’re reading this, why don’t you just drop us an email and say “thanks for translating this, can we use the translated quotes?” We would have said “sure”, as long as you gave credit to Rom and now sleza whose work you’ve stolen.
Despite a moderate journalism background, I can’t say that I’m an expert on plagiarism, so I can’t say beyond a shadow of a doubt that David Fuller and the Toronto Sun are guilty. That aside, the translations do seem fishy. Who knows how far this situation will go, but we’ll keep an eye on it for the time being.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 13
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 26
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)