Aug 21, 2010, 11:50 AM EST
Yesterday, Joe touched on the escalating allegations of plagiarism between Maple Leafs blog Pension Plan Puppets and newspaper The Toronto Sun. In case you aren’t up to speed on the subject, the blog put up a translated interview from a Czech source, only to notice that the Sun published a translation that seemed curiously similar.
Things only got worse when the Sun editor provided an explanation that rubbed the bloggers the wrong way.
Even so, I figured the mostly behind-the-scenes squabble would blow over soon enough. It appears that won’t be the case – at least not today – as Pension Plan Puppets claims there’s another discrepancy. After comparing two translations they feel were taken without proper credit, the bloggers left this sharp comment.
Dave, since I know you’re reading this, why don’t you just drop us an email and say “thanks for translating this, can we use the translated quotes?” We would have said “sure”, as long as you gave credit to Rom and now sleza whose work you’ve stolen.
Despite a moderate journalism background, I can’t say that I’m an expert on plagiarism, so I can’t say beyond a shadow of a doubt that David Fuller and the Toronto Sun are guilty. That aside, the translations do seem fishy. Who knows how far this situation will go, but we’ll keep an eye on it for the time being.
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 6
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 6
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 73
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (73)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)