Aug 20, 2010, 9:45 PM EDT
People throw around the word “unique” a lot these days, almost to the point that the description is losing its meaning. Yet, when it comes to NHL players, few qualify for that classification quite like Dustin Byfuglien. (After all, I haven’t tried valiantly to make his nickname “Buffy the Hamburger Slayer” for nothing.)
I already discussed Byfuglien’s tear-soaked hometown Stanley Cup celebration, but must admit that seemed a little too … normal. My instincts were right on this one, as TMZ posted some interesting photos of the Stanley Cup “riding shotgun” with the Blackhawk-turned-Thrasher and a few friends.
(Photo via TMZ.)
You have to think that, deep down, Byfuglien would love to be compared to Britney Spears, although Buffy was a lot more conscious of the Cup’s safety than Spears was with her bundle of joy. See, he even fastened Lord Stanley’s seat belt:
(Photo via TMZ.)
Some might wonder if the Cup needs a booster seat, but considering the fact that it is far older than Byfuglien himself, I agree with the passenger seat positioning.
Really, we’re left with only one question: what would Sean Avery do if he won the Cup with the New York Rangers? I shudder to even think of such a scenario.
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 6
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 15
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 38
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 16
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 38
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)