Aug 20, 2010, 9:45 PM EDT
People throw around the word “unique” a lot these days, almost to the point that the description is losing its meaning. Yet, when it comes to NHL players, few qualify for that classification quite like Dustin Byfuglien. (After all, I haven’t tried valiantly to make his nickname “Buffy the Hamburger Slayer” for nothing.)
I already discussed Byfuglien’s tear-soaked hometown Stanley Cup celebration, but must admit that seemed a little too … normal. My instincts were right on this one, as TMZ posted some interesting photos of the Stanley Cup “riding shotgun” with the Blackhawk-turned-Thrasher and a few friends.
(Photo via TMZ.)
You have to think that, deep down, Byfuglien would love to be compared to Britney Spears, although Buffy was a lot more conscious of the Cup’s safety than Spears was with her bundle of joy. See, he even fastened Lord Stanley’s seat belt:
(Photo via TMZ.)
Some might wonder if the Cup needs a booster seat, but considering the fact that it is far older than Byfuglien himself, I agree with the passenger seat positioning.
Really, we’re left with only one question: what would Sean Avery do if he won the Cup with the New York Rangers? I shudder to even think of such a scenario.
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally with at MSG 10
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 22
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 22
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 22
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 135
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51