Aug 20, 2010, 9:45 PM EDT
People throw around the word “unique” a lot these days, almost to the point that the description is losing its meaning. Yet, when it comes to NHL players, few qualify for that classification quite like Dustin Byfuglien. (After all, I haven’t tried valiantly to make his nickname “Buffy the Hamburger Slayer” for nothing.)
I already discussed Byfuglien’s tear-soaked hometown Stanley Cup celebration, but must admit that seemed a little too … normal. My instincts were right on this one, as TMZ posted some interesting photos of the Stanley Cup “riding shotgun” with the Blackhawk-turned-Thrasher and a few friends.
(Photo via TMZ.)
You have to think that, deep down, Byfuglien would love to be compared to Britney Spears, although Buffy was a lot more conscious of the Cup’s safety than Spears was with her bundle of joy. See, he even fastened Lord Stanley’s seat belt:
(Photo via TMZ.)
Some might wonder if the Cup needs a booster seat, but considering the fact that it is far older than Byfuglien himself, I agree with the passenger seat positioning.
Really, we’re left with only one question: what would Sean Avery do if he won the Cup with the New York Rangers? I shudder to even think of such a scenario.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5