Aug 20, 2010, 9:45 PM EDT
People throw around the word “unique” a lot these days, almost to the point that the description is losing its meaning. Yet, when it comes to NHL players, few qualify for that classification quite like Dustin Byfuglien. (After all, I haven’t tried valiantly to make his nickname “Buffy the Hamburger Slayer” for nothing.)
I already discussed Byfuglien’s tear-soaked hometown Stanley Cup celebration, but must admit that seemed a little too … normal. My instincts were right on this one, as TMZ posted some interesting photos of the Stanley Cup “riding shotgun” with the Blackhawk-turned-Thrasher and a few friends.
(Photo via TMZ.)
You have to think that, deep down, Byfuglien would love to be compared to Britney Spears, although Buffy was a lot more conscious of the Cup’s safety than Spears was with her bundle of joy. See, he even fastened Lord Stanley’s seat belt:
(Photo via TMZ.)
Some might wonder if the Cup needs a booster seat, but considering the fact that it is far older than Byfuglien himself, I agree with the passenger seat positioning.
Really, we’re left with only one question: what would Sean Avery do if he won the Cup with the New York Rangers? I shudder to even think of such a scenario.
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 0
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 31
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 19
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 82
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (82)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)