Aug 20, 2010, 9:45 PM EDT
People throw around the word “unique” a lot these days, almost to the point that the description is losing its meaning. Yet, when it comes to NHL players, few qualify for that classification quite like Dustin Byfuglien. (After all, I haven’t tried valiantly to make his nickname “Buffy the Hamburger Slayer” for nothing.)
I already discussed Byfuglien’s tear-soaked hometown Stanley Cup celebration, but must admit that seemed a little too … normal. My instincts were right on this one, as TMZ posted some interesting photos of the Stanley Cup “riding shotgun” with the Blackhawk-turned-Thrasher and a few friends.
(Photo via TMZ.)
You have to think that, deep down, Byfuglien would love to be compared to Britney Spears, although Buffy was a lot more conscious of the Cup’s safety than Spears was with her bundle of joy. See, he even fastened Lord Stanley’s seat belt:
(Photo via TMZ.)
Some might wonder if the Cup needs a booster seat, but considering the fact that it is far older than Byfuglien himself, I agree with the passenger seat positioning.
Really, we’re left with only one question: what would Sean Avery do if he won the Cup with the New York Rangers? I shudder to even think of such a scenario.
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 0
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 6
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 27
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)