Aug 20, 2010, 12:20 AM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Dallas Stars sale still up in the air – DFW-area fans didn’t think they could slip from Tom Hicks’ clutches that easily, did they?
Panthers sign Andrew Peters – I think Thrashers’ fighter Eric Boulton is sharpening his knuckles right now.
Thoughts on the NHL ’11 demo – Obviously, many of us will probably buy it either way … right?
Thrashers sign Clint Malarchuk – All of a sudden the “cutthroat” motion became taboo in the Southeast Division … again.
R & D camp takes a look at moving a referee off the ice – It could be an interesting idea, but I doubt that it will ever see the light of day. (Any time soon, anyway.)
Hitchcock, King discuss camp’s rule experiments – Interesting stuff from two strong hockey minds.
Two rule changes that could help improve the accuracy of goal reviews – I love the yellow “verification” line idea, in particular.
Introducing Vincent Lecavalier Arena – Michael Jordan will probably not enter the building.
St. Louis Blues set to unveil a Brett Hull statue next season – When I think of the St. Louis Blues, I think of “The Golden Brett.”
Rumor: Caps may move Fleischmann for a defenseman – It doesn’t sound like it’s much more than a rumor, but trading him to Edmonton or Vancouver actually makes a lot of sense.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (97)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)