Aug 20, 2010, 12:20 AM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Dallas Stars sale still up in the air – DFW-area fans didn’t think they could slip from Tom Hicks’ clutches that easily, did they?
Panthers sign Andrew Peters – I think Thrashers’ fighter Eric Boulton is sharpening his knuckles right now.
Thoughts on the NHL ’11 demo – Obviously, many of us will probably buy it either way … right?
Thrashers sign Clint Malarchuk – All of a sudden the “cutthroat” motion became taboo in the Southeast Division … again.
R & D camp takes a look at moving a referee off the ice – It could be an interesting idea, but I doubt that it will ever see the light of day. (Any time soon, anyway.)
Hitchcock, King discuss camp’s rule experiments – Interesting stuff from two strong hockey minds.
Two rule changes that could help improve the accuracy of goal reviews – I love the yellow “verification” line idea, in particular.
Introducing Vincent Lecavalier Arena – Michael Jordan will probably not enter the building.
St. Louis Blues set to unveil a Brett Hull statue next season – When I think of the St. Louis Blues, I think of “The Golden Brett.”
Rumor: Caps may move Fleischmann for a defenseman – It doesn’t sound like it’s much more than a rumor, but trading him to Edmonton or Vancouver actually makes a lot of sense.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 20
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 45
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)