Aug 20, 2010, 12:20 AM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Dallas Stars sale still up in the air – DFW-area fans didn’t think they could slip from Tom Hicks’ clutches that easily, did they?
Panthers sign Andrew Peters – I think Thrashers’ fighter Eric Boulton is sharpening his knuckles right now.
Thoughts on the NHL ’11 demo – Obviously, many of us will probably buy it either way … right?
Thrashers sign Clint Malarchuk – All of a sudden the “cutthroat” motion became taboo in the Southeast Division … again.
R & D camp takes a look at moving a referee off the ice – It could be an interesting idea, but I doubt that it will ever see the light of day. (Any time soon, anyway.)
Hitchcock, King discuss camp’s rule experiments – Interesting stuff from two strong hockey minds.
Two rule changes that could help improve the accuracy of goal reviews – I love the yellow “verification” line idea, in particular.
Introducing Vincent Lecavalier Arena – Michael Jordan will probably not enter the building.
St. Louis Blues set to unveil a Brett Hull statue next season – When I think of the St. Louis Blues, I think of “The Golden Brett.”
Rumor: Caps may move Fleischmann for a defenseman – It doesn’t sound like it’s much more than a rumor, but trading him to Edmonton or Vancouver actually makes a lot of sense.
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 36
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (38)