Aug 20, 2010, 12:20 AM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Dallas Stars sale still up in the air – DFW-area fans didn’t think they could slip from Tom Hicks’ clutches that easily, did they?
Panthers sign Andrew Peters – I think Thrashers’ fighter Eric Boulton is sharpening his knuckles right now.
Thoughts on the NHL ’11 demo – Obviously, many of us will probably buy it either way … right?
Thrashers sign Clint Malarchuk – All of a sudden the “cutthroat” motion became taboo in the Southeast Division … again.
R & D camp takes a look at moving a referee off the ice – It could be an interesting idea, but I doubt that it will ever see the light of day. (Any time soon, anyway.)
Hitchcock, King discuss camp’s rule experiments – Interesting stuff from two strong hockey minds.
Two rule changes that could help improve the accuracy of goal reviews – I love the yellow “verification” line idea, in particular.
Introducing Vincent Lecavalier Arena – Michael Jordan will probably not enter the building.
St. Louis Blues set to unveil a Brett Hull statue next season – When I think of the St. Louis Blues, I think of “The Golden Brett.”
Rumor: Caps may move Fleischmann for a defenseman – It doesn’t sound like it’s much more than a rumor, but trading him to Edmonton or Vancouver actually makes a lot of sense.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 50
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 2
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)