Aug 20, 2010, 12:20 AM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Dallas Stars sale still up in the air – DFW-area fans didn’t think they could slip from Tom Hicks’ clutches that easily, did they?
Panthers sign Andrew Peters – I think Thrashers’ fighter Eric Boulton is sharpening his knuckles right now.
Thoughts on the NHL ’11 demo – Obviously, many of us will probably buy it either way … right?
Thrashers sign Clint Malarchuk – All of a sudden the “cutthroat” motion became taboo in the Southeast Division … again.
R & D camp takes a look at moving a referee off the ice – It could be an interesting idea, but I doubt that it will ever see the light of day. (Any time soon, anyway.)
Hitchcock, King discuss camp’s rule experiments – Interesting stuff from two strong hockey minds.
Two rule changes that could help improve the accuracy of goal reviews – I love the yellow “verification” line idea, in particular.
Introducing Vincent Lecavalier Arena – Michael Jordan will probably not enter the building.
St. Louis Blues set to unveil a Brett Hull statue next season – When I think of the St. Louis Blues, I think of “The Golden Brett.”
Rumor: Caps may move Fleischmann for a defenseman – It doesn’t sound like it’s much more than a rumor, but trading him to Edmonton or Vancouver actually makes a lot of sense.
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 5
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 19
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 20
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)