Aug 20, 2010, 9:00 PM EDT
Celebrity weddings are always weird. It’s like two alien species coming together with little more than hormonal urges and shared oddness being their bond.*
* One flippantly assumes.
Yet, in the case of Carrie Underwood and Mike Fisher, it almost seems a little bit sad that they’re having some … logistical issues. Now, when you see an article from the National Enquirer, you’re justified in putting up the old “Baseless Rumor” blinders. So while you might want to take this with a grain of salt, the notorious tabloid had this little tidbit about their marital problems.
Sources say Carrie Underwood and her hockey-playing hubby Mike Fisher – who wed July 10 – are at war after she reneged on a promise to move to his native Canada.
“Carrie claimed she hadn’t thought the living plan through when she committed earlier. She told Mike that she’s most comfortable recording and writing in Nashville, and that her touring commitments make Nashville a more logical home base.
“Mike feels duped and raged that Carrie misled him. When Carrie said her mind was made up, Mike fired back, ‘I’ll be living in Canada, whether you’re there or not!'”
“The conversation turned into a screaming match, and ended with Carrie in tears after locking herself in the bathroom.”
Ah, the old “crying while locked in the bathroom” routine. That’s a classic. I think I may have pulled that routine after Keith Primeau scored a playoff overtime game winner against the Pittsburgh Penguins during that marathon game.
It’s kind of surprising that the two didn’t agree on a living situation before getting married; after all, Ottawa and Nashville aren’t exactly a hop-skip-and-a-jump away.
Here’s hoping the two work it out, because the hockey player-celebrity divorce/breakup rate is unnerving. Perhaps Fisher could request a trade to a Central division team to see his honeybunches a little more often? Or even demand a trade to the Nashville Predators, for that matter? Maybe Ottawa could generate a better country music scene to appease Underwood? It’s all about compromise, folks.
(H/T to Puck Daddy.)
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 9
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 14
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 30
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 42
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 45
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)