Aug 20, 2010, 9:35 AM EDT
Very early this morning, Yahoo’s Dmitry Chesnokov reported that Washington Capitals forward Alexander Semin was involved in a car accident in Russia. Capitals Russian blog Global Caps Fans shared the news with everyone and don’t worry Caps fans, Semin appears to be just fine (translated link). Here’s the rough translation from the site.
Hockey player Alexander Semin got in an accident. This morning at the intersection of the Berezina and the miners’ Mercedes striker Russia and “Washington”, who is home on leave, was faced with “Zhigulis” 3-th model. Participants of the accident were not injured. At the scene of the accident a few hours it was difficult to move. As the press officer of the regiment DPS currently inspectors investigate the cause of the accident: “About 11 hours, the driver silver Mercedes, moving in the streets of miners in the direction of the street Berezin, collided with Zhigulis” third model, which move in the same direction. Both drivers claimed that the move right without changing lanes. U Zhiguli deformed bumper, while the “Mercedes” scratch on the side of the body. Both drivers 26-years old, were passengers, no one was hurt. There is no conflict between the drivers was not, they behaved calmly and with restraint.
Google Translator sure does make everything more awkward to read. Thankfully, there’s always video to help illustrate that Semin is, indeed, more than all right and the accident was nothing more than a minor fender-bender along a busy stretch of road. It also shows that Alex Semin isn’t quite comfortable with a paparazzi-esque presence. At least he’s got a pretty sweet ride.
(Photo: Greg Fiume – Getty Images)
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 0
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)