Aug 20, 2010, 9:35 AM EDT
Very early this morning, Yahoo’s Dmitry Chesnokov reported that Washington Capitals forward Alexander Semin was involved in a car accident in Russia. Capitals Russian blog Global Caps Fans shared the news with everyone and don’t worry Caps fans, Semin appears to be just fine (translated link). Here’s the rough translation from the site.
Hockey player Alexander Semin got in an accident. This morning at the intersection of the Berezina and the miners’ Mercedes striker Russia and “Washington”, who is home on leave, was faced with “Zhigulis” 3-th model. Participants of the accident were not injured. At the scene of the accident a few hours it was difficult to move. As the press officer of the regiment DPS currently inspectors investigate the cause of the accident: “About 11 hours, the driver silver Mercedes, moving in the streets of miners in the direction of the street Berezin, collided with Zhigulis” third model, which move in the same direction. Both drivers claimed that the move right without changing lanes. U Zhiguli deformed bumper, while the “Mercedes” scratch on the side of the body. Both drivers 26-years old, were passengers, no one was hurt. There is no conflict between the drivers was not, they behaved calmly and with restraint.
Google Translator sure does make everything more awkward to read. Thankfully, there’s always video to help illustrate that Semin is, indeed, more than all right and the accident was nothing more than a minor fender-bender along a busy stretch of road. It also shows that Alex Semin isn’t quite comfortable with a paparazzi-esque presence. At least he’s got a pretty sweet ride.
(Photo: Greg Fiume – Getty Images)
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 9
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 10
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 81
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (81)