Aug 20, 2010, 9:35 AM EST
Very early this morning, Yahoo’s Dmitry Chesnokov reported that Washington Capitals forward Alexander Semin was involved in a car accident in Russia. Capitals Russian blog Global Caps Fans shared the news with everyone and don’t worry Caps fans, Semin appears to be just fine (translated link). Here’s the rough translation from the site.
Hockey player Alexander Semin got in an accident. This morning at the intersection of the Berezina and the miners’ Mercedes striker Russia and “Washington”, who is home on leave, was faced with “Zhigulis” 3-th model. Participants of the accident were not injured. At the scene of the accident a few hours it was difficult to move. As the press officer of the regiment DPS currently inspectors investigate the cause of the accident: “About 11 hours, the driver silver Mercedes, moving in the streets of miners in the direction of the street Berezin, collided with Zhigulis” third model, which move in the same direction. Both drivers claimed that the move right without changing lanes. U Zhiguli deformed bumper, while the “Mercedes” scratch on the side of the body. Both drivers 26-years old, were passengers, no one was hurt. There is no conflict between the drivers was not, they behaved calmly and with restraint.
Google Translator sure does make everything more awkward to read. Thankfully, there’s always video to help illustrate that Semin is, indeed, more than all right and the accident was nothing more than a minor fender-bender along a busy stretch of road. It also shows that Alex Semin isn’t quite comfortable with a paparazzi-esque presence. At least he’s got a pretty sweet ride.
(Photo: Greg Fiume – Getty Images)
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 10
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 36
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 54
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (54)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)