Aug 18, 2010, 4:51 PM EST
The Islanders announced a pair of AHL-bound signings today and one of those names might stand out for fans on Long Island. The Isles came to terms with forwards Andy Hilbert and Rob Hisey and if Hilbert’s name rings a bell, that’s because you’ve heard him mentioned with the Islanders before. If you’ve been looking for proof that you can go home again, look no further than Andy Hilbert.
Hilbert, originally a 2000 2nd round pick of the Boston Bruins, spent three years with the New York Islanders. Those three years are what many fans would describe as “frustrating” as Hilbert scored 37 goals and had 44 assists in that time with the Isles. Many fans thought they were getting a late-bloomer after showing some flashes of breaking out with the Penguins in 2005-2006, but as it turned out, it was not meant to be. Hilbert spent last season in the Minnesota Wild organization playing most of the season with the Houston Aeros of the AHL scoring 9 goals and 16 assists in 33 games for the Aeros.
Hisey comes over from the Springfield Falcons after scoring 11 goals and adding 14 assists in 37 games in the AHL. Both Hisey and Hilbert figure to be headed for the AHL to play for the Bridgeport Sound Tigers.
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 4
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 1
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 21
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)