Aug 18, 2010, 4:47 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets have done themselves a favor to improve the team depth today by signing forward Ben Guite to a one-year contract. Guite spent last year in the Nashville Predators organization but he’s best known for his years with the Colorado Avalanche. Last year, Guite played just six games with the Predators while spending the rest of the season in the AHL with Milwaukee.
Guite is a checking forward that can win some faceoffs but his job next year with Columbus will be to likely mentor the younger players in the AHL with Springfield while providing injury relief in the NHL for the Blue Jackets.
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 0
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 7
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 18
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 6
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 55
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 42
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20