Aug 18, 2010, 4:47 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets have done themselves a favor to improve the team depth today by signing forward Ben Guite to a one-year contract. Guite spent last year in the Nashville Predators organization but he’s best known for his years with the Colorado Avalanche. Last year, Guite played just six games with the Predators while spending the rest of the season in the AHL with Milwaukee.
Guite is a checking forward that can win some faceoffs but his job next year with Columbus will be to likely mentor the younger players in the AHL with Springfield while providing injury relief in the NHL for the Blue Jackets.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 3
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 8
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 5
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2