Aug 18, 2010, 4:47 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets have done themselves a favor to improve the team depth today by signing forward Ben Guite to a one-year contract. Guite spent last year in the Nashville Predators organization but he’s best known for his years with the Colorado Avalanche. Last year, Guite played just six games with the Predators while spending the rest of the season in the AHL with Milwaukee.
Guite is a checking forward that can win some faceoffs but his job next year with Columbus will be to likely mentor the younger players in the AHL with Springfield while providing injury relief in the NHL for the Blue Jackets.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 28
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 24
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 22
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 58
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 32
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22