Aug 18, 2010, 4:47 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets have done themselves a favor to improve the team depth today by signing forward Ben Guite to a one-year contract. Guite spent last year in the Nashville Predators organization but he’s best known for his years with the Colorado Avalanche. Last year, Guite played just six games with the Predators while spending the rest of the season in the AHL with Milwaukee.
Guite is a checking forward that can win some faceoffs but his job next year with Columbus will be to likely mentor the younger players in the AHL with Springfield while providing injury relief in the NHL for the Blue Jackets.
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 6
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 26
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 71
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 8
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 11
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 46
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- LIVE: Spurs-Heat, Game 6
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'