Aug 18, 2010, 4:47 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets have done themselves a favor to improve the team depth today by signing forward Ben Guite to a one-year contract. Guite spent last year in the Nashville Predators organization but he’s best known for his years with the Colorado Avalanche. Last year, Guite played just six games with the Predators while spending the rest of the season in the AHL with Milwaukee.
Guite is a checking forward that can win some faceoffs but his job next year with Columbus will be to likely mentor the younger players in the AHL with Springfield while providing injury relief in the NHL for the Blue Jackets.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 0
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 17
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 24
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 23
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 17
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 53
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6