Aug 16, 2010, 2:10 AM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Patrick Kane reads “Twilight” – I’m actually overwhelmed by the variety of jokes that come from this.
Four teams reportedly interested in Kaberle – Brian Burke played hard to get, though.
Mike Comrie and Hillary Duff married – So, which married pairing would win a 2-on-2 hockey game, Duffrie or Fisherwood? I’ll take Anna Kournikova and Pavel Bure.
A grim view of the NHLPA – There aren’t many stories of sunshine and marshmallows for the NHLPA these days.
Whalers fan fest brings back memories, raises questions – Oh, the Whale …
Dallas Stars not in the hunt for Kaberle – They sorely need a defenseman (or two) but what they really need is an actual owner.
Brendan Bell reflects on the KHL – Some interesting stuff about Russian hockey, Jaromir Jagr.
Looking back at the California Golden Seals – What an odd, odd uniform and an even stranger owner.
Blue Jackets drop out of Kaberle sweepstakes – See: the Dallas Stars.
Tomas Kaberle will remain a Toronto Maple Leaf – The nightmare isn’t dead, but it is in a coma.
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 0
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 0
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 27
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 97
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 8
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 11
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 63
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36