Aug 16, 2010, 2:10 AM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Patrick Kane reads “Twilight” – I’m actually overwhelmed by the variety of jokes that come from this.
Four teams reportedly interested in Kaberle – Brian Burke played hard to get, though.
Mike Comrie and Hillary Duff married – So, which married pairing would win a 2-on-2 hockey game, Duffrie or Fisherwood? I’ll take Anna Kournikova and Pavel Bure.
A grim view of the NHLPA – There aren’t many stories of sunshine and marshmallows for the NHLPA these days.
Whalers fan fest brings back memories, raises questions – Oh, the Whale …
Dallas Stars not in the hunt for Kaberle – They sorely need a defenseman (or two) but what they really need is an actual owner.
Brendan Bell reflects on the KHL – Some interesting stuff about Russian hockey, Jaromir Jagr.
Looking back at the California Golden Seals – What an odd, odd uniform and an even stranger owner.
Blue Jackets drop out of Kaberle sweepstakes – See: the Dallas Stars.
Tomas Kaberle will remain a Toronto Maple Leaf – The nightmare isn’t dead, but it is in a coma.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 38
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 14
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 10
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54