Aug 16, 2010, 2:10 AM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Patrick Kane reads “Twilight” – I’m actually overwhelmed by the variety of jokes that come from this.
Four teams reportedly interested in Kaberle – Brian Burke played hard to get, though.
Mike Comrie and Hillary Duff married – So, which married pairing would win a 2-on-2 hockey game, Duffrie or Fisherwood? I’ll take Anna Kournikova and Pavel Bure.
A grim view of the NHLPA – There aren’t many stories of sunshine and marshmallows for the NHLPA these days.
Whalers fan fest brings back memories, raises questions – Oh, the Whale …
Dallas Stars not in the hunt for Kaberle – They sorely need a defenseman (or two) but what they really need is an actual owner.
Brendan Bell reflects on the KHL – Some interesting stuff about Russian hockey, Jaromir Jagr.
Looking back at the California Golden Seals – What an odd, odd uniform and an even stranger owner.
Blue Jackets drop out of Kaberle sweepstakes – See: the Dallas Stars.
Tomas Kaberle will remain a Toronto Maple Leaf – The nightmare isn’t dead, but it is in a coma.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 12
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 31
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 52
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 105
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 21
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (105)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)