Aug 16, 2010, 2:10 AM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Patrick Kane reads “Twilight” – I’m actually overwhelmed by the variety of jokes that come from this.
Four teams reportedly interested in Kaberle – Brian Burke played hard to get, though.
Mike Comrie and Hillary Duff married – So, which married pairing would win a 2-on-2 hockey game, Duffrie or Fisherwood? I’ll take Anna Kournikova and Pavel Bure.
A grim view of the NHLPA – There aren’t many stories of sunshine and marshmallows for the NHLPA these days.
Whalers fan fest brings back memories, raises questions – Oh, the Whale …
Dallas Stars not in the hunt for Kaberle – They sorely need a defenseman (or two) but what they really need is an actual owner.
Brendan Bell reflects on the KHL – Some interesting stuff about Russian hockey, Jaromir Jagr.
Looking back at the California Golden Seals – What an odd, odd uniform and an even stranger owner.
Blue Jackets drop out of Kaberle sweepstakes – See: the Dallas Stars.
Tomas Kaberle will remain a Toronto Maple Leaf – The nightmare isn’t dead, but it is in a coma.
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 12
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 11
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 39
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)