Aug 16, 2010, 2:10 AM EST
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Patrick Kane reads “Twilight” – I’m actually overwhelmed by the variety of jokes that come from this.
Four teams reportedly interested in Kaberle – Brian Burke played hard to get, though.
Mike Comrie and Hillary Duff married – So, which married pairing would win a 2-on-2 hockey game, Duffrie or Fisherwood? I’ll take Anna Kournikova and Pavel Bure.
A grim view of the NHLPA – There aren’t many stories of sunshine and marshmallows for the NHLPA these days.
Whalers fan fest brings back memories, raises questions – Oh, the Whale …
Dallas Stars not in the hunt for Kaberle – They sorely need a defenseman (or two) but what they really need is an actual owner.
Brendan Bell reflects on the KHL – Some interesting stuff about Russian hockey, Jaromir Jagr.
Looking back at the California Golden Seals – What an odd, odd uniform and an even stranger owner.
Blue Jackets drop out of Kaberle sweepstakes – See: the Dallas Stars.
Tomas Kaberle will remain a Toronto Maple Leaf – The nightmare isn’t dead, but it is in a coma.
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 0
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 15
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 8
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 17
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 77
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)