Aug 15, 2010, 7:30 PM EDT
The Toronto Maple Leafs face a midnight eastern time deadline to deal silky smooth defenseman Tomas Kaberle before his no-trade clause kicks back in. This is a reminder that we’ll stick with this story until at least midnight, whether a deal is made or not.
Joe’s been keeping you abreast of the news (most recently noting that the Dallas Stars fell out of the running), but here’s another update from Leafs GM Brian Burke via TSN.
With just hours before the no-trade clause on Tomas Kaberle’s contract is reinstated, Brian Burke says that it looks, at this point, like Kaberle will be staying with the Maple Leafs.
“If these offers are all we get…he’s staying put,” Burke told TSN on Sunday morning.
Toronto’s president and general manager explained that there was no action on Saturday night.
Again, stay tuned for more news … or just news that there isn’t any news.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8