Aug 15, 2010, 7:30 PM EDT
The Toronto Maple Leafs face a midnight eastern time deadline to deal silky smooth defenseman Tomas Kaberle before his no-trade clause kicks back in. This is a reminder that we’ll stick with this story until at least midnight, whether a deal is made or not.
Joe’s been keeping you abreast of the news (most recently noting that the Dallas Stars fell out of the running), but here’s another update from Leafs GM Brian Burke via TSN.
With just hours before the no-trade clause on Tomas Kaberle’s contract is reinstated, Brian Burke says that it looks, at this point, like Kaberle will be staying with the Maple Leafs.
“If these offers are all we get…he’s staying put,” Burke told TSN on Sunday morning.
Toronto’s president and general manager explained that there was no action on Saturday night.
Again, stay tuned for more news … or just news that there isn’t any news.
- Discuss: Blackhawks push series to Game 6 12
- Report: Canucks ask Leafs permission to interview Eakins for head coaching gig 0
- Tortorella takes blame for top players’ struggles 12
- Discuss: Bruins finish off Rangers in Game 5 39
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 68
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 7
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 11
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 36
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 16
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 74
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- Play Video: Highlights: Blackhawks stay alive
- Play Video: Bickell blasts Kronwall
- Play Video: Toews scores first goal of the playoffs
- Play Video: Howard with a couple of tremendous saves in Game 5
- Play Video: Highlights: Bruins move onto Eastern Conference finals
- Play Video: Lundqvist takes one away from Lucic