Aug 15, 2010, 7:30 PM EDT
The Toronto Maple Leafs face a midnight eastern time deadline to deal silky smooth defenseman Tomas Kaberle before his no-trade clause kicks back in. This is a reminder that we’ll stick with this story until at least midnight, whether a deal is made or not.
Joe’s been keeping you abreast of the news (most recently noting that the Dallas Stars fell out of the running), but here’s another update from Leafs GM Brian Burke via TSN.
With just hours before the no-trade clause on Tomas Kaberle’s contract is reinstated, Brian Burke says that it looks, at this point, like Kaberle will be staying with the Maple Leafs.
“If these offers are all we get…he’s staying put,” Burke told TSN on Sunday morning.
Toronto’s president and general manager explained that there was no action on Saturday night.
Again, stay tuned for more news … or just news that there isn’t any news.
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 19
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 19
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 14
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 23
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 37
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)