Aug 15, 2010, 7:30 PM EST
The Toronto Maple Leafs face a midnight eastern time deadline to deal silky smooth defenseman Tomas Kaberle before his no-trade clause kicks back in. This is a reminder that we’ll stick with this story until at least midnight, whether a deal is made or not.
Joe’s been keeping you abreast of the news (most recently noting that the Dallas Stars fell out of the running), but here’s another update from Leafs GM Brian Burke via TSN.
With just hours before the no-trade clause on Tomas Kaberle’s contract is reinstated, Brian Burke says that it looks, at this point, like Kaberle will be staying with the Maple Leafs.
“If these offers are all we get…he’s staying put,” Burke told TSN on Sunday morning.
Toronto’s president and general manager explained that there was no action on Saturday night.
Again, stay tuned for more news … or just news that there isn’t any news.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 16
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 59
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5