Aug 15, 2010, 7:30 PM EST
The Toronto Maple Leafs face a midnight eastern time deadline to deal silky smooth defenseman Tomas Kaberle before his no-trade clause kicks back in. This is a reminder that we’ll stick with this story until at least midnight, whether a deal is made or not.
Joe’s been keeping you abreast of the news (most recently noting that the Dallas Stars fell out of the running), but here’s another update from Leafs GM Brian Burke via TSN.
With just hours before the no-trade clause on Tomas Kaberle’s contract is reinstated, Brian Burke says that it looks, at this point, like Kaberle will be staying with the Maple Leafs.
“If these offers are all we get…he’s staying put,” Burke told TSN on Sunday morning.
Toronto’s president and general manager explained that there was no action on Saturday night.
Again, stay tuned for more news … or just news that there isn’t any news.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 24
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 60
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)