Aug 15, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
If you’re waking up on this Sunday morning and felt that little twinge in your heart it could be from the wedding bells of yet another NHL celebrity couple. Free agent centerman Mike Comrie finally tied the knot with one-time Disney star and singer/actress Hillary Duff. Don’t you feel enlightened already? Just wait, your bizarro morning is now mine as here’s People Magazine with the details of the couple’s nuptials.
Mike Comrie and Hilary Duff are now officially husband and wife.
The actress, 22, and Canadian hockey player, 29, were married Saturday during an intimate ceremony in Santa Barbara, Calif., according to OK magazine.
The couple, who began dating in 2007, first met on a trip when they both visited a resort in Idaho.
“We were all on the same plane and it was kind of, I guess, maybe a bit of a fluke. She calls it ironic. No I’m kidding!” he told Hockey Night in Canada in October. “It [was] one of those things where we were all in a group … we spent the weekend all hanging out.”
Comrie at least has the wedding to lift his spirits this summer as, much like with other free agents, finding a new job in the NHL has proven difficult. Of course, we haven’t really seen much out of Hillary Duff on the big screen or on the radio so perhaps they can both call it a career at an early age and be socialites.
(Photo: Jeff Gross – Getty Images)
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)