Aug 15, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
If you’re waking up on this Sunday morning and felt that little twinge in your heart it could be from the wedding bells of yet another NHL celebrity couple. Free agent centerman Mike Comrie finally tied the knot with one-time Disney star and singer/actress Hillary Duff. Don’t you feel enlightened already? Just wait, your bizarro morning is now mine as here’s People Magazine with the details of the couple’s nuptials.
Mike Comrie and Hilary Duff are now officially husband and wife.
The actress, 22, and Canadian hockey player, 29, were married Saturday during an intimate ceremony in Santa Barbara, Calif., according to OK magazine.
The couple, who began dating in 2007, first met on a trip when they both visited a resort in Idaho.
“We were all on the same plane and it was kind of, I guess, maybe a bit of a fluke. She calls it ironic. No I’m kidding!” he told Hockey Night in Canada in October. “It [was] one of those things where we were all in a group … we spent the weekend all hanging out.”
Comrie at least has the wedding to lift his spirits this summer as, much like with other free agents, finding a new job in the NHL has proven difficult. Of course, we haven’t really seen much out of Hillary Duff on the big screen or on the radio so perhaps they can both call it a career at an early age and be socialites.
(Photo: Jeff Gross – Getty Images)
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 17
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 48
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 35
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)