Aug 15, 2010, 10:00 AM EST
If you’re waking up on this Sunday morning and felt that little twinge in your heart it could be from the wedding bells of yet another NHL celebrity couple. Free agent centerman Mike Comrie finally tied the knot with one-time Disney star and singer/actress Hillary Duff. Don’t you feel enlightened already? Just wait, your bizarro morning is now mine as here’s People Magazine with the details of the couple’s nuptials.
Mike Comrie and Hilary Duff are now officially husband and wife.
The actress, 22, and Canadian hockey player, 29, were married Saturday during an intimate ceremony in Santa Barbara, Calif., according to OK magazine.
The couple, who began dating in 2007, first met on a trip when they both visited a resort in Idaho.
“We were all on the same plane and it was kind of, I guess, maybe a bit of a fluke. She calls it ironic. No I’m kidding!” he told Hockey Night in Canada in October. “It [was] one of those things where we were all in a group … we spent the weekend all hanging out.”
Comrie at least has the wedding to lift his spirits this summer as, much like with other free agents, finding a new job in the NHL has proven difficult. Of course, we haven’t really seen much out of Hillary Duff on the big screen or on the radio so perhaps they can both call it a career at an early age and be socialites.
(Photo: Jeff Gross – Getty Images)
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 52
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)