Aug 15, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
If you’re waking up on this Sunday morning and felt that little twinge in your heart it could be from the wedding bells of yet another NHL celebrity couple. Free agent centerman Mike Comrie finally tied the knot with one-time Disney star and singer/actress Hillary Duff. Don’t you feel enlightened already? Just wait, your bizarro morning is now mine as here’s People Magazine with the details of the couple’s nuptials.
Mike Comrie and Hilary Duff are now officially husband and wife.
The actress, 22, and Canadian hockey player, 29, were married Saturday during an intimate ceremony in Santa Barbara, Calif., according to OK magazine.
The couple, who began dating in 2007, first met on a trip when they both visited a resort in Idaho.
“We were all on the same plane and it was kind of, I guess, maybe a bit of a fluke. She calls it ironic. No I’m kidding!” he told Hockey Night in Canada in October. “It [was] one of those things where we were all in a group … we spent the weekend all hanging out.”
Comrie at least has the wedding to lift his spirits this summer as, much like with other free agents, finding a new job in the NHL has proven difficult. Of course, we haven’t really seen much out of Hillary Duff on the big screen or on the radio so perhaps they can both call it a career at an early age and be socialites.
(Photo: Jeff Gross – Getty Images)
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 1
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 8
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)