Aug 15, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
If you’re waking up on this Sunday morning and felt that little twinge in your heart it could be from the wedding bells of yet another NHL celebrity couple. Free agent centerman Mike Comrie finally tied the knot with one-time Disney star and singer/actress Hillary Duff. Don’t you feel enlightened already? Just wait, your bizarro morning is now mine as here’s People Magazine with the details of the couple’s nuptials.
Mike Comrie and Hilary Duff are now officially husband and wife.
The actress, 22, and Canadian hockey player, 29, were married Saturday during an intimate ceremony in Santa Barbara, Calif., according to OK magazine.
The couple, who began dating in 2007, first met on a trip when they both visited a resort in Idaho.
“We were all on the same plane and it was kind of, I guess, maybe a bit of a fluke. She calls it ironic. No I’m kidding!” he told Hockey Night in Canada in October. “It [was] one of those things where we were all in a group … we spent the weekend all hanging out.”
Comrie at least has the wedding to lift his spirits this summer as, much like with other free agents, finding a new job in the NHL has proven difficult. Of course, we haven’t really seen much out of Hillary Duff on the big screen or on the radio so perhaps they can both call it a career at an early age and be socialites.
(Photo: Jeff Gross – Getty Images)
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 5
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 11
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 11
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 6
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)