Aug 15, 2010, 5:51 PM EST
You can eliminate one team off the potential list of those seeking to trade for Toronto Maple Leafs defenseman Tomas Kaberle. It appears the Dallas Stars are not in pursuit of the Leafs star. Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News tells it like it is.
Stars GM Joe Nieuwendyk said he has had trade talks with a lot of teams, but that the Stars are not one of the teams that will attempt to acquire Toronto defenseman Tomas Kaberle today.
Nieuwendyk said he did not want to talk about a player on another team or whether or not the Stars had interest, but he said the Stars would not be making a trade for Kaberle and had no trades planned right now.
I don’t know that many folks were really counting on the Stars to be serious contenders for Kaberle given what his price tag is ($4.25 million) and the fact that Dallas is playing things a bit tighter to the vest, financially speaking. Not only that, but if the Stars are going to be taking on any extra salary in the meantime, they’re going to use it to re-sign restricted free agents Niklas Grossman and James Neal.
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 15
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 3
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 24
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 38
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 12
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 63
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 45
- Trade: Montreal acquires Petry from Edmonton for two draft picks 21
- Bruins acquire Connolly from the Lightning for draft picks (Confirmed) 32
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 69
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (165)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)