Aug 15, 2010, 5:51 PM EDT
You can eliminate one team off the potential list of those seeking to trade for Toronto Maple Leafs defenseman Tomas Kaberle. It appears the Dallas Stars are not in pursuit of the Leafs star. Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News tells it like it is.
Stars GM Joe Nieuwendyk said he has had trade talks with a lot of teams, but that the Stars are not one of the teams that will attempt to acquire Toronto defenseman Tomas Kaberle today.
Nieuwendyk said he did not want to talk about a player on another team or whether or not the Stars had interest, but he said the Stars would not be making a trade for Kaberle and had no trades planned right now.
I don’t know that many folks were really counting on the Stars to be serious contenders for Kaberle given what his price tag is ($4.25 million) and the fact that Dallas is playing things a bit tighter to the vest, financially speaking. Not only that, but if the Stars are going to be taking on any extra salary in the meantime, they’re going to use it to re-sign restricted free agents Niklas Grossman and James Neal.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 10
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 55
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)