Aug 15, 2010, 5:51 PM EDT
You can eliminate one team off the potential list of those seeking to trade for Toronto Maple Leafs defenseman Tomas Kaberle. It appears the Dallas Stars are not in pursuit of the Leafs star. Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News tells it like it is.
Stars GM Joe Nieuwendyk said he has had trade talks with a lot of teams, but that the Stars are not one of the teams that will attempt to acquire Toronto defenseman Tomas Kaberle today.
Nieuwendyk said he did not want to talk about a player on another team or whether or not the Stars had interest, but he said the Stars would not be making a trade for Kaberle and had no trades planned right now.
I don’t know that many folks were really counting on the Stars to be serious contenders for Kaberle given what his price tag is ($4.25 million) and the fact that Dallas is playing things a bit tighter to the vest, financially speaking. Not only that, but if the Stars are going to be taking on any extra salary in the meantime, they’re going to use it to re-sign restricted free agents Niklas Grossman and James Neal.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 15
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 37
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)