Aug 13, 2010, 11:55 PM EST
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
The free agent market has been unfriendly to veteran talent – That’s just AGEISM, man.
Kings beat reporter shoots down rumor that was wrongfully attributed to him – One of those stories that justifies those typical “The Internet is the Wild West” discussions.
Could the Capitals trade Dave Steckel? – I’m a sucker for those faceoff specialists. Blame video games.
Panthers loan Alexander Salak to the Swedish Elite League – Hopefully those Swedes aren’t like my third grade best friend or they’ll never see their copy of “The Outsiders” – er, goalie – again.
Bob Probert’s family agrees to publish his memoirs – Please tell me that “punching” will be in the title of that book … or at least some kind of “probing” pun. (Seriously, though, that could be a great read.)
Cam Janssen dismisses baseball fights – Is it me or are hockey players modest … except when it comes to talking about how tough they are? I mean, they are super-tough, but still.
Patrick Kane gets stuck on a fire truck ladder during his day with the Cup – There aren’t many dull moments with that kid, on or off the ice.
Peter Forsberg’s not optimistic about a return - It’s not surprising to read about Foppa’s health problems, but they do kind of bum me out.
Bill Daly draws a line in the sand about contracts – Even if that line is still kind of … subjective.
The best seasons for players over 35 – Gordie Howe is like fine wine, if fine wine could hurt you really badly in its prime.
THN’s top 10 players – Is Jonathan Toews really a top-10 player? What about Steven Stamkos?
What about … Patrick O’Sullivan? – He has his warts, for sure, but at the right price he could be a steal.
The Sporting News closes down its hockey blog – Saying goodbye to “The Grinder.”
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 15
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 25
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)