Aug 13, 2010, 11:55 PM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
The free agent market has been unfriendly to veteran talent – That’s just AGEISM, man.
Kings beat reporter shoots down rumor that was wrongfully attributed to him – One of those stories that justifies those typical “The Internet is the Wild West” discussions.
Could the Capitals trade Dave Steckel? – I’m a sucker for those faceoff specialists. Blame video games.
Panthers loan Alexander Salak to the Swedish Elite League – Hopefully those Swedes aren’t like my third grade best friend or they’ll never see their copy of “The Outsiders” – er, goalie – again.
Bob Probert’s family agrees to publish his memoirs – Please tell me that “punching” will be in the title of that book … or at least some kind of “probing” pun. (Seriously, though, that could be a great read.)
Cam Janssen dismisses baseball fights – Is it me or are hockey players modest … except when it comes to talking about how tough they are? I mean, they are super-tough, but still.
Patrick Kane gets stuck on a fire truck ladder during his day with the Cup – There aren’t many dull moments with that kid, on or off the ice.
Peter Forsberg’s not optimistic about a return – It’s not surprising to read about Foppa’s health problems, but they do kind of bum me out.
Bill Daly draws a line in the sand about contracts – Even if that line is still kind of … subjective.
The best seasons for players over 35 – Gordie Howe is like fine wine, if fine wine could hurt you really badly in its prime.
THN’s top 10 players – Is Jonathan Toews really a top-10 player? What about Steven Stamkos?
What about … Patrick O’Sullivan? – He has his warts, for sure, but at the right price he could be a steal.
The Sporting News closes down its hockey blog – Saying goodbye to “The Grinder.”
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 2
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 13
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 24
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 42
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)