Aug 11, 2010, 8:30 PM EST
While he’s far from a big name or impact player, Eric Belanger is still one of the better centers remaining on the free agent market. Sources say that he’s chosen the team he’ll sign a one-year contract with, but cannot name that team just yet because his future employers need to clear up some cap space.
Kathleen Lavoie has the story (here’s the original link, here is a rough translation of that story via Google Translator.)
A quick search of “Eric Belanger” on Twitter yielded all kinds of wacky rumors; some either refuted or solidified the idea of him landing with the Toronto Maple Leafs while others claimed he would sign with the Edmonton Oilers.
Rather than running with one or the other, we’ll elect to wait until an official announcement. There is no telling when that time will come, but we will keep you updated once it happens.
After all, you want a guy who will pull out a tooth for you.
(H/T to TCY from Fear the Fin.)
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 13
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 36
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)