Aug 11, 2010, 8:30 PM EDT
While he’s far from a big name or impact player, Eric Belanger is still one of the better centers remaining on the free agent market. Sources say that he’s chosen the team he’ll sign a one-year contract with, but cannot name that team just yet because his future employers need to clear up some cap space.
Kathleen Lavoie has the story (here’s the original link, here is a rough translation of that story via Google Translator.)
A quick search of “Eric Belanger” on Twitter yielded all kinds of wacky rumors; some either refuted or solidified the idea of him landing with the Toronto Maple Leafs while others claimed he would sign with the Edmonton Oilers.
Rather than running with one or the other, we’ll elect to wait until an official announcement. There is no telling when that time will come, but we will keep you updated once it happens.
After all, you want a guy who will pull out a tooth for you.
(H/T to TCY from Fear the Fin.)
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)