Aug 11, 2010, 8:30 PM EDT
While he’s far from a big name or impact player, Eric Belanger is still one of the better centers remaining on the free agent market. Sources say that he’s chosen the team he’ll sign a one-year contract with, but cannot name that team just yet because his future employers need to clear up some cap space.
Kathleen Lavoie has the story (here’s the original link, here is a rough translation of that story via Google Translator.)
A quick search of “Eric Belanger” on Twitter yielded all kinds of wacky rumors; some either refuted or solidified the idea of him landing with the Toronto Maple Leafs while others claimed he would sign with the Edmonton Oilers.
Rather than running with one or the other, we’ll elect to wait until an official announcement. There is no telling when that time will come, but we will keep you updated once it happens.
After all, you want a guy who will pull out a tooth for you.
(H/T to TCY from Fear the Fin.)
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)