Aug 11, 2010, 11:12 AM EDT
The Tampa Bay Lightning have held onto some of their scoring depth by re-signing winger Juraj Simek to a one-year, two-way contract. Simek is likely destined to return to the AHL and the Norfolk Admirals next season but should things break right for him, it’s possible he could see fourth line time in Tampa Bay if need be.
Simek was originally a sixth round pick of the Vancouver Canucks, but the Lightning obtained him in the Lukas Krajicek-Shane O’Brien trade two years ago. Simek had 21 goals and 15 assists last year for the Admirals in 75 games.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 3
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 15
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 6
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39