Aug 11, 2010, 1:01 PM EDT
It’s the Blackhawks re-signing that’s been laying in the weeds for a while now. Heck we even talked about it last week, but today the Blackhawks have announced the official re-signing of defenseman Jordan Hendry. Hendry was a key depth member of the Blackhawks blueline last year and while he struggled a bit late in the playoffs eventually giving way to Nick Boynton, he did his job well enough to see consistent time on the ice throughout the playoffs.
Hendry is still a young player and the former Alaska Nanook will certainly get plenty of time with the Blackhawks this year as the team will need as much depth help at the NHL level as possible. His experience comes in very handy as he shapes up to be in line for the fifth or sixth defenseman spot.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 50
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50