Aug 11, 2010, 1:01 PM EDT
It’s the Blackhawks re-signing that’s been laying in the weeds for a while now. Heck we even talked about it last week, but today the Blackhawks have announced the official re-signing of defenseman Jordan Hendry. Hendry was a key depth member of the Blackhawks blueline last year and while he struggled a bit late in the playoffs eventually giving way to Nick Boynton, he did his job well enough to see consistent time on the ice throughout the playoffs.
Hendry is still a young player and the former Alaska Nanook will certainly get plenty of time with the Blackhawks this year as the team will need as much depth help at the NHL level as possible. His experience comes in very handy as he shapes up to be in line for the fifth or sixth defenseman spot.
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 3
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 6
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 113
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 55
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 17