Aug 11, 2010, 1:01 PM EST
It’s the Blackhawks re-signing that’s been laying in the weeds for a while now. Heck we even talked about it last week, but today the Blackhawks have announced the official re-signing of defenseman Jordan Hendry. Hendry was a key depth member of the Blackhawks blueline last year and while he struggled a bit late in the playoffs eventually giving way to Nick Boynton, he did his job well enough to see consistent time on the ice throughout the playoffs.
Hendry is still a young player and the former Alaska Nanook will certainly get plenty of time with the Blackhawks this year as the team will need as much depth help at the NHL level as possible. His experience comes in very handy as he shapes up to be in line for the fifth or sixth defenseman spot.
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35