Aug 11, 2010, 1:01 PM EDT
It’s the Blackhawks re-signing that’s been laying in the weeds for a while now. Heck we even talked about it last week, but today the Blackhawks have announced the official re-signing of defenseman Jordan Hendry. Hendry was a key depth member of the Blackhawks blueline last year and while he struggled a bit late in the playoffs eventually giving way to Nick Boynton, he did his job well enough to see consistent time on the ice throughout the playoffs.
Hendry is still a young player and the former Alaska Nanook will certainly get plenty of time with the Blackhawks this year as the team will need as much depth help at the NHL level as possible. His experience comes in very handy as he shapes up to be in line for the fifth or sixth defenseman spot.
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 0
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 26
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 48
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 80
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 9
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires