Aug 11, 2010, 1:01 PM EDT
It’s the Blackhawks re-signing that’s been laying in the weeds for a while now. Heck we even talked about it last week, but today the Blackhawks have announced the official re-signing of defenseman Jordan Hendry. Hendry was a key depth member of the Blackhawks blueline last year and while he struggled a bit late in the playoffs eventually giving way to Nick Boynton, he did his job well enough to see consistent time on the ice throughout the playoffs.
Hendry is still a young player and the former Alaska Nanook will certainly get plenty of time with the Blackhawks this year as the team will need as much depth help at the NHL level as possible. His experience comes in very handy as he shapes up to be in line for the fifth or sixth defenseman spot.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 6
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34