Aug 10, 2010, 1:00 AM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Lightning sign 2010 third rounder Radko Gudas – His nickname will have to be “Rad,” right?
Red Wings sign Ruslan Salei – File Salei under “People I forgot still existed.”
Riley Cote retires, will become an assistant coach – Cote was the NHL’s equivalent to a “jobber” in pro wrestling, from what I’ve heard.
Anaheim Ducks re-sign Teemu Selanne – I’m actually surprised Selanne’s getting $3.25 million. It’s not a bad deal, but he’s been a bargain since the lockout.
Joe’s stuff on Ilya Kovalchuk: His first post about the contract being voided and then a piece focusing on why the length of the contract was the biggest problem.
My stuff on Kovalchuk: Comparing Kovalchuk’s deal to similar, questionable ones. The NHL reportedly isn’t expected to fine Kovalchuk or the Devils. Devils are starting to work on a new deal. Could the ruling end up blocking other deals – including ones that were already made? Finally, here’s a transcript of the ruling.
Ducks GM Bob Murray might try a different approach to signing Bobby Ryan – Has he considered hypnosis?
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 20
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 42
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 18
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 60
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 31
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 44
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)