Aug 10, 2010, 1:00 AM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Lightning sign 2010 third rounder Radko Gudas – His nickname will have to be “Rad,” right?
Red Wings sign Ruslan Salei – File Salei under “People I forgot still existed.”
Riley Cote retires, will become an assistant coach – Cote was the NHL’s equivalent to a “jobber” in pro wrestling, from what I’ve heard.
Anaheim Ducks re-sign Teemu Selanne – I’m actually surprised Selanne’s getting $3.25 million. It’s not a bad deal, but he’s been a bargain since the lockout.
Joe’s stuff on Ilya Kovalchuk: His first post about the contract being voided and then a piece focusing on why the length of the contract was the biggest problem.
My stuff on Kovalchuk: Comparing Kovalchuk’s deal to similar, questionable ones. The NHL reportedly isn’t expected to fine Kovalchuk or the Devils. Devils are starting to work on a new deal. Could the ruling end up blocking other deals – including ones that were already made? Finally, here’s a transcript of the ruling.
Ducks GM Bob Murray might try a different approach to signing Bobby Ryan – Has he considered hypnosis?
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 0
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 8
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 38
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)