Aug 9, 2010, 2:15 AM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Would Paul Kariya be a good signing for Anaheim? – It would be an interesting gamble, especially if this might be his “swan song” season.
Could the Wings turn to Lukas Krajicek for help? – If you’re relying on Krajicek, you definitely need help.
Did Maxim Afinogenov deserve another shot with an NHL team? – Perhaps he just wanted too much money? For a guy who is as one-dimensional as he is, you can’t blame NHL teams for passing on the speedy Russian.
With one week left to trade Tomas Kaberle, seven teams are supposedly interested – The story that will never die.
The Rangers salary problems with Wade Redden and Marc Staal – What, you mean Glen Sather is struggling? You don’t say …
Sabres sign goalie David Leggio to two-way deal – There’s a “Leggio my Eggos” joke in there somewhere, I just know it.
Sidney Crosby and Roger Federer meet for the first time – Perhaps if you combined their statements into one big one, you might be able to find an interesting comment in there somewhere.
And the final part of the WJC trilogy: Why Team USA may or may not win the gold again – Jack Campbell should feel emboldened … but maybe a little bit of pressure too.
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 3
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 28
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 12
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 5
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 4
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)