Aug 9, 2010, 2:15 AM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Would Paul Kariya be a good signing for Anaheim? – It would be an interesting gamble, especially if this might be his “swan song” season.
Could the Wings turn to Lukas Krajicek for help? – If you’re relying on Krajicek, you definitely need help.
Did Maxim Afinogenov deserve another shot with an NHL team? – Perhaps he just wanted too much money? For a guy who is as one-dimensional as he is, you can’t blame NHL teams for passing on the speedy Russian.
With one week left to trade Tomas Kaberle, seven teams are supposedly interested – The story that will never die.
The Rangers salary problems with Wade Redden and Marc Staal – What, you mean Glen Sather is struggling? You don’t say …
Sabres sign goalie David Leggio to two-way deal – There’s a “Leggio my Eggos” joke in there somewhere, I just know it.
Sidney Crosby and Roger Federer meet for the first time – Perhaps if you combined their statements into one big one, you might be able to find an interesting comment in there somewhere.
And the final part of the WJC trilogy: Why Team USA may or may not win the gold again – Jack Campbell should feel emboldened … but maybe a little bit of pressure too.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 2
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 5
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 38
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)