Aug 9, 2010, 2:15 AM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Would Paul Kariya be a good signing for Anaheim? – It would be an interesting gamble, especially if this might be his “swan song” season.
Could the Wings turn to Lukas Krajicek for help? – If you’re relying on Krajicek, you definitely need help.
Did Maxim Afinogenov deserve another shot with an NHL team? – Perhaps he just wanted too much money? For a guy who is as one-dimensional as he is, you can’t blame NHL teams for passing on the speedy Russian.
With one week left to trade Tomas Kaberle, seven teams are supposedly interested – The story that will never die.
The Rangers salary problems with Wade Redden and Marc Staal – What, you mean Glen Sather is struggling? You don’t say …
Sabres sign goalie David Leggio to two-way deal – There’s a “Leggio my Eggos” joke in there somewhere, I just know it.
Sidney Crosby and Roger Federer meet for the first time – Perhaps if you combined their statements into one big one, you might be able to find an interesting comment in there somewhere.
And the final part of the WJC trilogy: Why Team USA may or may not win the gold again – Jack Campbell should feel emboldened … but maybe a little bit of pressure too.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)