Aug 9, 2010, 2:15 AM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Would Paul Kariya be a good signing for Anaheim? – It would be an interesting gamble, especially if this might be his “swan song” season.
Could the Wings turn to Lukas Krajicek for help? – If you’re relying on Krajicek, you definitely need help.
Did Maxim Afinogenov deserve another shot with an NHL team? – Perhaps he just wanted too much money? For a guy who is as one-dimensional as he is, you can’t blame NHL teams for passing on the speedy Russian.
With one week left to trade Tomas Kaberle, seven teams are supposedly interested – The story that will never die.
The Rangers salary problems with Wade Redden and Marc Staal – What, you mean Glen Sather is struggling? You don’t say …
Sabres sign goalie David Leggio to two-way deal – There’s a “Leggio my Eggos” joke in there somewhere, I just know it.
Sidney Crosby and Roger Federer meet for the first time – Perhaps if you combined their statements into one big one, you might be able to find an interesting comment in there somewhere.
And the final part of the WJC trilogy: Why Team USA may or may not win the gold again – Jack Campbell should feel emboldened … but maybe a little bit of pressure too.
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 21
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 39
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 90
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 5
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 20
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (172)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (90)