Aug 9, 2010, 12:07 PM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers have retained another of their restricted free agents, although it’s not likely one of the guys Oilers fans were hoping to have signed by now. Winger Liam Reddox re-signed for one year with the team to help provide further scoring depth for the Oilers. Last year, Reddox spent most of the season in the AHL with Springfield scoring 35 points with the team (17 goals, 18 assists). With the Oilers he played nine games and added two assists last season. Reddox was a fourth round pick of the Oilers back in 2004.
The Oilers have two other restricted free agents remaining in forwards Andrew Cogliano and Sam Gagner, both of whom are more vital to the immediate potential success of the team. Cogliano’s name has been mentioned in trade rumors, thought to have interest by the Colorado Avalanche. Gagner, meanwhile, has had a very quiet summer as nothing immediately is known about what he’s hoping to land in a contract. News travels slowly from the great white north.
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 0
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 10
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 24
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22