Aug 9, 2010, 12:07 PM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers have retained another of their restricted free agents, although it’s not likely one of the guys Oilers fans were hoping to have signed by now. Winger Liam Reddox re-signed for one year with the team to help provide further scoring depth for the Oilers. Last year, Reddox spent most of the season in the AHL with Springfield scoring 35 points with the team (17 goals, 18 assists). With the Oilers he played nine games and added two assists last season. Reddox was a fourth round pick of the Oilers back in 2004.
The Oilers have two other restricted free agents remaining in forwards Andrew Cogliano and Sam Gagner, both of whom are more vital to the immediate potential success of the team. Cogliano’s name has been mentioned in trade rumors, thought to have interest by the Colorado Avalanche. Gagner, meanwhile, has had a very quiet summer as nothing immediately is known about what he’s hoping to land in a contract. News travels slowly from the great white north.
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 56
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 21
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 23
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming