Aug 9, 2010, 12:07 PM EST
The Edmonton Oilers have retained another of their restricted free agents, although it’s not likely one of the guys Oilers fans were hoping to have signed by now. Winger Liam Reddox re-signed for one year with the team to help provide further scoring depth for the Oilers. Last year, Reddox spent most of the season in the AHL with Springfield scoring 35 points with the team (17 goals, 18 assists). With the Oilers he played nine games and added two assists last season. Reddox was a fourth round pick of the Oilers back in 2004.
The Oilers have two other restricted free agents remaining in forwards Andrew Cogliano and Sam Gagner, both of whom are more vital to the immediate potential success of the team. Cogliano’s name has been mentioned in trade rumors, thought to have interest by the Colorado Avalanche. Gagner, meanwhile, has had a very quiet summer as nothing immediately is known about what he’s hoping to land in a contract. News travels slowly from the great white north.
- Steen, Blues hold on against Ovechkin, Capitals 0
- David Backes ejected after boarding, bloodying Karl Alzner 10
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 3
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 24
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 18
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 15
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 28