Aug 9, 2010, 12:07 PM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers have retained another of their restricted free agents, although it’s not likely one of the guys Oilers fans were hoping to have signed by now. Winger Liam Reddox re-signed for one year with the team to help provide further scoring depth for the Oilers. Last year, Reddox spent most of the season in the AHL with Springfield scoring 35 points with the team (17 goals, 18 assists). With the Oilers he played nine games and added two assists last season. Reddox was a fourth round pick of the Oilers back in 2004.
The Oilers have two other restricted free agents remaining in forwards Andrew Cogliano and Sam Gagner, both of whom are more vital to the immediate potential success of the team. Cogliano’s name has been mentioned in trade rumors, thought to have interest by the Colorado Avalanche. Gagner, meanwhile, has had a very quiet summer as nothing immediately is known about what he’s hoping to land in a contract. News travels slowly from the great white north.
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 22
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 105
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 76
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115