Aug 9, 2010, 12:07 PM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers have retained another of their restricted free agents, although it’s not likely one of the guys Oilers fans were hoping to have signed by now. Winger Liam Reddox re-signed for one year with the team to help provide further scoring depth for the Oilers. Last year, Reddox spent most of the season in the AHL with Springfield scoring 35 points with the team (17 goals, 18 assists). With the Oilers he played nine games and added two assists last season. Reddox was a fourth round pick of the Oilers back in 2004.
The Oilers have two other restricted free agents remaining in forwards Andrew Cogliano and Sam Gagner, both of whom are more vital to the immediate potential success of the team. Cogliano’s name has been mentioned in trade rumors, thought to have interest by the Colorado Avalanche. Gagner, meanwhile, has had a very quiet summer as nothing immediately is known about what he’s hoping to land in a contract. News travels slowly from the great white north.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6