Aug 9, 2010, 3:37 PM EDT
While it was rumored last week that Teemu Selanne would be rejoining the Anaheim Ducks for one more year, Selanne himself made it official that he was coming back by posting it on the Anaheim Ducks website himself.
Ducks Fans —
After thinking about it for the last few months, I’ve decided to return to play for the Ducks. I’m excited about the summer additions the team has made. I know this team can win.
That’s the sort of fired up and confident message you’d like to get from a guy that could call it a career at any moment and then patiently wait for his call to the hall of fame. Helene Elliott of the Los Angeles Times tweets that Selanne’s contract is worth $3.25 million for one year. This gives the Ducks about $10 million in cap space to get restricted free agent Bobby Ryan re-signed as well as to potentially get Selanne’s best friend Paul Kariya into the mix as well. Ducks GM Bob Murray has been on record as saying he’d also like to improve the Ducks defensive depth, however. If Kariya wants in on another go with Selanne and the Ducks, he’ll be looking at a Mike Modano-like deal with a low base salary and juicy incentives.
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 4
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 6
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 11
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 32
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 36
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 24
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)