Aug 8, 2010, 7:15 PM EDT
I already discussed the fact that Marian Hossa and Tomas Kopecky brought the Stanley Cup to Slovakia, but sometimes it’s difficult to contextualize how big of a deal the coolest trophy in sports is to other countries.
Well, if this video is any indication, it’s a fairly significant thing to the people of Slovakia. Introducing … Knight Marian Hossa.
Does this mean that Hossa is one of the Knights of the Salary Cap Challenged Round Table?
(H/T to Kukla’s Korner.)
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 0
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 4
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 6
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 17
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 22
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 23
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 25
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 54
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)