Aug 8, 2010, 7:15 PM EDT
I already discussed the fact that Marian Hossa and Tomas Kopecky brought the Stanley Cup to Slovakia, but sometimes it’s difficult to contextualize how big of a deal the coolest trophy in sports is to other countries.
Well, if this video is any indication, it’s a fairly significant thing to the people of Slovakia. Introducing … Knight Marian Hossa.
Does this mean that Hossa is one of the Knights of the Salary Cap Challenged Round Table?
(H/T to Kukla’s Korner.)
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 0
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 7
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 52
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 24
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 18
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 15
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)