Aug 5, 2010, 12:15 PM EDT
Joe shared an update on the Carey Price situation yesterday, but there’s a little bit more circulating about the hot-prospect-turned-enigma in Montreal’s net. Any goalie rotation with question marks will probably generate some Antti Niemi rumors, so you can’t blame Price’s agent for clearing the air.
Here is his quote, via TSN by way of the Montreal Gazette.
Price’s agent Gerry Johannson told the Montreal Gazette on Wednesday his understanding was that there was no truth to the rumours that the Habs could go after unrestricted free agent netminder Antti Niemi.
The rest was covered by Joe yesterday. If you need clarification, Johannson said that the slow pace is “relatively normal” and that he expects the two sides to come to an agreement at the end of the month. Price also apparently is looking for a short-term contract.
While Price hasn’t really produced at the level expected of him, he’s in a strong bargaining position considering the fact that the team put a lot of hypothetical eggs in his basket. We’ll keep you up to date as word trickles out about the negotiations … especially if Johannson ends up being wrong and the team goes after Niemi after all.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)