Aug 5, 2010, 6:00 PM EST
The Buffalo Sabres re-signed 2005 third round draft pick Marc-Andre Gragnani to a one-year contract. The team did not disclose financial details regarding how much they paid the defenseman.
Gragnani has only played six games in two seasons with the big club, combining for a goose egg across the board (0 goals, 0 assists, 0 points, 0 plus/minus) although he saw a jump in time on ice from 6:18 to 15:23 in very limited time. The Sabres gave a little more information on the 87th pick of the 2005 NHL Entry Draft.
Gragnani (3/11/1987, 6’2″, 201 lbs.) spent the 2009-10 season with Buffalo’s AHL affiliate in Portland, scoring 43 points (12+31) in 66 games. His 12 goals were third among AHL blueliners, and he was 11th in defense scoring. In addition, six of Gragnani’s 12 goals were scored on the power play. In three AHL seasons with Portland/Rochester, the 23-year-old has 146 points (35+111) in 220 games. He has also played in six NHL games with the Sabres during this time.
Want a little more information about the skills he brings to the table? Here’s a little snippet from his profile on Hockey’s Future.
Gragnani is a well-rounded defenseman who plays with great tenacity. While he does not have one particular attribute that stands out, he is very capable and consistent. He is a solid passer, and plays with intelligence in the defensive zone. Though he is not an enforcer type, he is willing to sacrifice his body.
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 35
- Mike Richards clears waivers 31
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 55
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)