Aug 5, 2010, 6:00 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres re-signed 2005 third round draft pick Marc-Andre Gragnani to a one-year contract. The team did not disclose financial details regarding how much they paid the defenseman.
Gragnani has only played six games in two seasons with the big club, combining for a goose egg across the board (0 goals, 0 assists, 0 points, 0 plus/minus) although he saw a jump in time on ice from 6:18 to 15:23 in very limited time. The Sabres gave a little more information on the 87th pick of the 2005 NHL Entry Draft.
Gragnani (3/11/1987, 6’2″, 201 lbs.) spent the 2009-10 season with Buffalo’s AHL affiliate in Portland, scoring 43 points (12+31) in 66 games. His 12 goals were third among AHL blueliners, and he was 11th in defense scoring. In addition, six of Gragnani’s 12 goals were scored on the power play. In three AHL seasons with Portland/Rochester, the 23-year-old has 146 points (35+111) in 220 games. He has also played in six NHL games with the Sabres during this time.
Want a little more information about the skills he brings to the table? Here’s a little snippet from his profile on Hockey’s Future.
Gragnani is a well-rounded defenseman who plays with great tenacity. While he does not have one particular attribute that stands out, he is very capable and consistent. He is a solid passer, and plays with intelligence in the defensive zone. Though he is not an enforcer type, he is willing to sacrifice his body.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)