Aug 5, 2010, 6:00 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres re-signed 2005 third round draft pick Marc-Andre Gragnani to a one-year contract. The team did not disclose financial details regarding how much they paid the defenseman.
Gragnani has only played six games in two seasons with the big club, combining for a goose egg across the board (0 goals, 0 assists, 0 points, 0 plus/minus) although he saw a jump in time on ice from 6:18 to 15:23 in very limited time. The Sabres gave a little more information on the 87th pick of the 2005 NHL Entry Draft.
Gragnani (3/11/1987, 6’2″, 201 lbs.) spent the 2009-10 season with Buffalo’s AHL affiliate in Portland, scoring 43 points (12+31) in 66 games. His 12 goals were third among AHL blueliners, and he was 11th in defense scoring. In addition, six of Gragnani’s 12 goals were scored on the power play. In three AHL seasons with Portland/Rochester, the 23-year-old has 146 points (35+111) in 220 games. He has also played in six NHL games with the Sabres during this time.
Want a little more information about the skills he brings to the table? Here’s a little snippet from his profile on Hockey’s Future.
Gragnani is a well-rounded defenseman who plays with great tenacity. While he does not have one particular attribute that stands out, he is very capable and consistent. He is a solid passer, and plays with intelligence in the defensive zone. Though he is not an enforcer type, he is willing to sacrifice his body.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (44)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)