Aug 4, 2010, 3:17 PM EDT
The life of an NHL journeyman is never over, especially when you’ve got veteran experience. Center Dave Scatchard has signed a one-year, two-way deal with the St. Louis Blues. Scatchard spent last year in the Nashville Predators system, spending most of the season with their AHL affiliate in Milwaukee.
The one time Canuck/Bruin/Islander/Coyote/Predator is a checking forward with good skills in the face-off circle. In his best season with the New York Islanders, Scatchard scored 27 goals and had 18 assists in 2002-2003. Since then, he’s been a true journeyman spending time riding the buses between the NHL and the AHL in five total cities in both leagues. He’ll provide the Blues with veteran leadership in Peoria or a solid guy to center the fourth line in St. Louis.
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 17
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 0
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 24
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 112
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7