Aug 4, 2010, 3:17 PM EST
The life of an NHL journeyman is never over, especially when you’ve got veteran experience. Center Dave Scatchard has signed a one-year, two-way deal with the St. Louis Blues. Scatchard spent last year in the Nashville Predators system, spending most of the season with their AHL affiliate in Milwaukee.
The one time Canuck/Bruin/Islander/Coyote/Predator is a checking forward with good skills in the face-off circle. In his best season with the New York Islanders, Scatchard scored 27 goals and had 18 assists in 2002-2003. Since then, he’s been a true journeyman spending time riding the buses between the NHL and the AHL in five total cities in both leagues. He’ll provide the Blues with veteran leadership in Peoria or a solid guy to center the fourth line in St. Louis.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 3
- In praise of the Hamburglar 13
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 7
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 17
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54