Aug 4, 2010, 3:17 PM EDT
The life of an NHL journeyman is never over, especially when you’ve got veteran experience. Center Dave Scatchard has signed a one-year, two-way deal with the St. Louis Blues. Scatchard spent last year in the Nashville Predators system, spending most of the season with their AHL affiliate in Milwaukee.
The one time Canuck/Bruin/Islander/Coyote/Predator is a checking forward with good skills in the face-off circle. In his best season with the New York Islanders, Scatchard scored 27 goals and had 18 assists in 2002-2003. Since then, he’s been a true journeyman spending time riding the buses between the NHL and the AHL in five total cities in both leagues. He’ll provide the Blues with veteran leadership in Peoria or a solid guy to center the fourth line in St. Louis.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5