Aug 4, 2010, 3:17 PM EST
The life of an NHL journeyman is never over, especially when you’ve got veteran experience. Center Dave Scatchard has signed a one-year, two-way deal with the St. Louis Blues. Scatchard spent last year in the Nashville Predators system, spending most of the season with their AHL affiliate in Milwaukee.
The one time Canuck/Bruin/Islander/Coyote/Predator is a checking forward with good skills in the face-off circle. In his best season with the New York Islanders, Scatchard scored 27 goals and had 18 assists in 2002-2003. Since then, he’s been a true journeyman spending time riding the buses between the NHL and the AHL in five total cities in both leagues. He’ll provide the Blues with veteran leadership in Peoria or a solid guy to center the fourth line in St. Louis.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 6
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 73
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2