Aug 4, 2010, 9:10 PM EST
The Vancouver Canucks announced two minor signings today, as Mario Bliznak and Sean Zimmerman re-upped with the team. Nucks Misconduct points out that Bliznak’s deal will be worth $550K while Zimmerman’s will reportedly be worth $500K.
Both players will be very new to Canucks fans, even though they are in the team’s system.
Bliznak’s name makes me think of random shorthand slang Snoop Dogg used in the late 90s*, but if you want more detailed information about what he can do on the ice, here’s a little info from the Canucks.
Bliznak, 23, played in two NHL contests with Vancouver in 2009.10. He registered 28 points (13-15-28) and 40 penalty minutes in 76 games with the Manitoba Moose of the AHL. The 6’0″, 192 lbs. native of Trencin, Slovakia, was originally selected by Vancouver, 205th overall in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft.
* – By that logic, I guess his last name would be Blinak or Binak? Yes, you’re justified in rolling your eyes at me.
Zimmerman, meanwhile, was part of the trade that sent aging defenseman Mathieu Schneider to the Phoenix Coyotes last season. Here are a few more tidbits about the 6-2, 220 lb. defenseman.
Zimmerman, 23, played 72 games with the San Antonio Rampage last season recording nine points (2-7-9) and 105 penalty minutes. The 6’2″, 200 lbs. defenceman is native of Denver, Colorado and was originally drafted by New Jersey, 170th overall in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 41
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 117
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (120)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)