Aug 2, 2010, 12:05 AM EST
A few moments ago, we shared a report that the Chicago Blackhawks might have signed Marty Turco to a one-year, $1.75 million deal. To add some confusion to the mix, Dave Pagnotta of the Fourth Period (the person who shared WGN’s original report on Twitter) says that it might not happen after all.
Being told the WGN report is inaccurate.
This situation shows how important it is to note the difference between an official signing and a rumored signing. Here at PHT, we’ll make sure to note something is a report up front. (That’s why we put “Report:” in just about every headline).
Now, there’s no guarantee that the Chicago Blackhawks won’t sign Marty Turco, either. It’s all conjecture at this point, so even when a reliable source releases a report it’s important to note that you can only truly know something happened when a team announces it as such.
Stay tuned for more on this situation, as we should know what direction the Chicago Blackhawks will go in regarding Antti Niemi (and maybe Turco) sometime Monday.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)