Aug 2, 2010, 12:05 AM EST
A few moments ago, we shared a report that the Chicago Blackhawks might have signed Marty Turco to a one-year, $1.75 million deal. To add some confusion to the mix, Dave Pagnotta of the Fourth Period (the person who shared WGN’s original report on Twitter) says that it might not happen after all.
Being told the WGN report is inaccurate.
This situation shows how important it is to note the difference between an official signing and a rumored signing. Here at PHT, we’ll make sure to note something is a report up front. (That’s why we put “Report:” in just about every headline).
Now, there’s no guarantee that the Chicago Blackhawks won’t sign Marty Turco, either. It’s all conjecture at this point, so even when a reliable source releases a report it’s important to note that you can only truly know something happened when a team announces it as such.
Stay tuned for more on this situation, as we should know what direction the Chicago Blackhawks will go in regarding Antti Niemi (and maybe Turco) sometime Monday.
- In praise of the Hamburglar 11
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 6
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 15
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)