Aug 2, 2010, 12:05 AM EDT
A few moments ago, we shared a report that the Chicago Blackhawks might have signed Marty Turco to a one-year, $1.75 million deal. To add some confusion to the mix, Dave Pagnotta of the Fourth Period (the person who shared WGN’s original report on Twitter) says that it might not happen after all.
Being told the WGN report is inaccurate.
This situation shows how important it is to note the difference between an official signing and a rumored signing. Here at PHT, we’ll make sure to note something is a report up front. (That’s why we put “Report:” in just about every headline).
Now, there’s no guarantee that the Chicago Blackhawks won’t sign Marty Turco, either. It’s all conjecture at this point, so even when a reliable source releases a report it’s important to note that you can only truly know something happened when a team announces it as such.
Stay tuned for more on this situation, as we should know what direction the Chicago Blackhawks will go in regarding Antti Niemi (and maybe Turco) sometime Monday.
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 31
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)