Aug 2, 2010, 12:05 AM EDT
A few moments ago, we shared a report that the Chicago Blackhawks might have signed Marty Turco to a one-year, $1.75 million deal. To add some confusion to the mix, Dave Pagnotta of the Fourth Period (the person who shared WGN’s original report on Twitter) says that it might not happen after all.
Being told the WGN report is inaccurate.
This situation shows how important it is to note the difference between an official signing and a rumored signing. Here at PHT, we’ll make sure to note something is a report up front. (That’s why we put “Report:” in just about every headline).
Now, there’s no guarantee that the Chicago Blackhawks won’t sign Marty Turco, either. It’s all conjecture at this point, so even when a reliable source releases a report it’s important to note that you can only truly know something happened when a team announces it as such.
Stay tuned for more on this situation, as we should know what direction the Chicago Blackhawks will go in regarding Antti Niemi (and maybe Turco) sometime Monday.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 6
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 28
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Stayin’ Alive: Canucks stage comeback of their own, send series back to Calgary 5
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 76
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 3
- Report: Chiarelli to join Oilers’ front office 31
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)