Aug 2, 2010, 1:00 AM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. It was a pretty slow Sunday in the NHL, but we thought it would be good to give you a recap, anyway. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Marty Turco wanted to be a Flyer, but it won’t happen – Turco would have been the first volatile, puck-handling goalie the team employed since the days of Ron Hextall. But alas, that won’t happen. OK, I really just wanted to see Philly fans turn on Turco, but still …
NHL challenging NHLPA on contract is nothing new - Bad things happen all the time. That’s, like, the ultimate lesson of history class right?
Assessing the summer’s salary arbitration decisions – A great bit of analysis from Joe right there.
Blackhawks goaltending a hot topic at convention – We should find out more about the Antti Niemi situation on Monday, so stay tuned.
Which NHL teams might be contenders in 10-11? – It’s super early, but why not take a little look?
Rob Zombie shares his love for hockey, goalie masks and more – Heavy metal and hockey go together like steak and potatoes.
Chicago reportedly signs Marty Turco to a one-year deal – If this is true, then Antti Niemi and Cristobal Huet are probably on their way out. Wow.
Turco might not be a Blackhawk – OK, well, it might not be true. We’ll just have to wait and see.
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 2
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 21
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 30
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 33
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)