Aug 2, 2010, 1:00 AM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. It was a pretty slow Sunday in the NHL, but we thought it would be good to give you a recap, anyway. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Marty Turco wanted to be a Flyer, but it won’t happen – Turco would have been the first volatile, puck-handling goalie the team employed since the days of Ron Hextall. But alas, that won’t happen. OK, I really just wanted to see Philly fans turn on Turco, but still …
NHL challenging NHLPA on contract is nothing new – Bad things happen all the time. That’s, like, the ultimate lesson of history class right?
Assessing the summer’s salary arbitration decisions – A great bit of analysis from Joe right there.
Blackhawks goaltending a hot topic at convention – We should find out more about the Antti Niemi situation on Monday, so stay tuned.
Which NHL teams might be contenders in 10-11? – It’s super early, but why not take a little look?
Rob Zombie shares his love for hockey, goalie masks and more – Heavy metal and hockey go together like steak and potatoes.
Chicago reportedly signs Marty Turco to a one-year deal – If this is true, then Antti Niemi and Cristobal Huet are probably on their way out. Wow.
Turco might not be a Blackhawk – OK, well, it might not be true. We’ll just have to wait and see.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 3
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 16
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 23
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 14
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)