Aug 2, 2010, 1:00 AM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. It was a pretty slow Sunday in the NHL, but we thought it would be good to give you a recap, anyway. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Marty Turco wanted to be a Flyer, but it won’t happen – Turco would have been the first volatile, puck-handling goalie the team employed since the days of Ron Hextall. But alas, that won’t happen. OK, I really just wanted to see Philly fans turn on Turco, but still …
NHL challenging NHLPA on contract is nothing new – Bad things happen all the time. That’s, like, the ultimate lesson of history class right?
Assessing the summer’s salary arbitration decisions – A great bit of analysis from Joe right there.
Blackhawks goaltending a hot topic at convention – We should find out more about the Antti Niemi situation on Monday, so stay tuned.
Which NHL teams might be contenders in 10-11? – It’s super early, but why not take a little look?
Rob Zombie shares his love for hockey, goalie masks and more – Heavy metal and hockey go together like steak and potatoes.
Chicago reportedly signs Marty Turco to a one-year deal – If this is true, then Antti Niemi and Cristobal Huet are probably on their way out. Wow.
Turco might not be a Blackhawk – OK, well, it might not be true. We’ll just have to wait and see.
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 0
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 28
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Prust apologizes for all the stuff he said about referee Watson 48
- Flyers will be ‘extremely patient’ with youngsters, but ‘want a winner as soon as possible’ 22
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 52
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 66
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 26
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 26
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)