Aug 2, 2010, 4:31 PM EST
I know this isn’t necessarily a features blog by any means, but when the President of the United States is getting in on some executive level smack talk, it’s pretty tough to avoid. President Barack Obama recently attended a WNBA Washington Mystics game with Captials/Wizards/Mystics owner Ted Leonsis and you had to figure the fact that the President has yet to attend a Capitals game came up in conversation.
After all the President has attended numerous other sporting events in D.C. including a Wizards game, a Nationals game, college basketball games and now a Mystics game, Leonsis had to wonder when Washington, D.C.’s new favorite team was going to get a visit by the Commander-In-Chief. Turns out, President Obama did have designs on going to a game last season as Leonsis shares with the world.
Here is what the President of the United States said to me last night about attending a Caps game.
“Ted – I will come to a Caps game; I intended to come to a playoff game last season; and then I looked and you were done in the first round; after a 3 to 1 lead – sorry about that…”.
I said; ” Thank you sir for reminding me of that…”.
All right Caps, now it’s up to you to do your duty as an American sports franchise and just get out of the first round of the playoffs next year to make sure the President can make it to a game. After all, the Caps are the only team that can be counted on to win in Washington most of the time now that the Redskins stink, the Wizards haven’t found an identity and the Nationals are the Montreal Expos in different clothing.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 124
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 95
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 107
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (126)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (124)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (106)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (95)