Aug 1, 2010, 9:30 PM EDT
It’s often interesting to hear celebrities share their love for hockey. For one thing, they’re the type of people who have access to money and power and groupies, so it’s kind of cool to find out they still have some puck appreciation. Beyond that, it’s kind of refreshing to hear from someone who has a slightly less “sophisticated” – but no less passionate – take on the sport.
The Score spoke with rocker Rob Zombie about his interest in the sport during the cleverly titled “Heavy MTL” event in Montreal. Here’s video of his interview.
(Whether you’re a Zombie fan or not, you have to admit that as bad as that “Mars needs women” song is … it’s awfully catchy. Awfully.)
While I think he has a point about goalie masks lacking character – aside from oddball designs used by Chris Osgood and Dominik Hasek – you can’t deny that the formulaic “cage” masks provide incredible protection. Sure, they won’t ever look as awesome as the kind of mask employed by Gilles Gratton, but how exactly will you top that crazy goalie’s design anyway? Don’t even try.
(Final useless Zombie aside: I’ll never forget that my friend and I counted the amount of times he pushed his hair back in the White Zombie video “More Human than Human.” I vaguely recall our unofficial seventh grade count was either 23 or 27 times. Were we correct?)
(H/T to Sean Leahy from Puck Daddy.)
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 5
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 17
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 20
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)