Jul 30, 2010, 1:15 AM EST
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Marty Turco’s agent claims he’ll find an NHL home - On the same day as Antti Niemi’s arbitration case, no less. *Scratches chin*
Thrashers sign Andrew Ladd – He might not be a particularly consistent scorer, but you can’t question his toughness. (Unless you’re grading on a hockey player scale, I guess?)
Lightning re-sign Vladimir Mihalik – Mihalik happens to be on the bottom paring of one of my NHL ’10 franchise teams. Yup, that’s the only comment I have about him.
Tampa Bay makes ECHL’s Florida Everblades a new affiliate – Everblades, as in Everglades. That soothes my pun loving soul right there, folks.
Sabres’ Tim Kennedy receives $1 million arbitration award – Is he really worth $1.4 million less than Clarke MacArthur?
Senators re-sign Peter Regin – Let the fun … Regin? *cough*
Kings D-man Matt Greene to miss three to four months after surgery - OK, it might be time for LA fans to start worrying a bit.
Stan Bowman gives a press conference regarding Antti Niemi - And pretty much repeats what everyone else said about the situation …
Sharks close to re-signing Setoguchi, also open talks with Joe Thornton – San Jose is wise to go with a one-year deal with Devin Setoguchi … they don’t want to get Cheechoo’d again, do they?
Arbitrator rules that Blake Wheeler should get one-year, $2.2M deal – Not a bad price for the budding power forward. The question is, will the Bruins pay him that much or will someone else nab him?
Sharks extend Jason Demers’ contract for two years - He’s still a bit raw, but there’s no denying his offensive talents.
Cover art for “NHL Slap Shot” – I’m really intrigued about EA Sports’ first hockey title for Nintendo’s Wii console.
NHL ’11 to introduce “the hustle button” – Smells like a speed burst button to me, folks.
Could Zdeno Chara, Joe Thornton’s new contracts create new trends? - The Ilya Kovalchuk contract situation might put a wrench in NHL teams’ plans to hand out “lifetime” deals, so will those new negotiations start new trends?
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 0
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 52
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (52)