Jul 30, 2010, 1:15 AM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Marty Turco’s agent claims he’ll find an NHL home – On the same day as Antti Niemi’s arbitration case, no less. *Scratches chin*
Thrashers sign Andrew Ladd – He might not be a particularly consistent scorer, but you can’t question his toughness. (Unless you’re grading on a hockey player scale, I guess?)
Lightning re-sign Vladimir Mihalik – Mihalik happens to be on the bottom paring of one of my NHL ’10 franchise teams. Yup, that’s the only comment I have about him.
Tampa Bay makes ECHL’s Florida Everblades a new affiliate – Everblades, as in Everglades. That soothes my pun loving soul right there, folks.
Sabres’ Tim Kennedy receives $1 million arbitration award – Is he really worth $1.4 million less than Clarke MacArthur?
Senators re-sign Peter Regin – Let the fun … Regin? *cough*
Kings D-man Matt Greene to miss three to four months after surgery – OK, it might be time for LA fans to start worrying a bit.
Stan Bowman gives a press conference regarding Antti Niemi – And pretty much repeats what everyone else said about the situation …
Sharks close to re-signing Setoguchi, also open talks with Joe Thornton – San Jose is wise to go with a one-year deal with Devin Setoguchi … they don’t want to get Cheechoo’d again, do they?
Arbitrator rules that Blake Wheeler should get one-year, $2.2M deal – Not a bad price for the budding power forward. The question is, will the Bruins pay him that much or will someone else nab him?
Sharks extend Jason Demers’ contract for two years – He’s still a bit raw, but there’s no denying his offensive talents.
Cover art for “NHL Slap Shot” – I’m really intrigued about EA Sports’ first hockey title for Nintendo’s Wii console.
NHL ’11 to introduce “the hustle button” – Smells like a speed burst button to me, folks.
Could Zdeno Chara, Joe Thornton’s new contracts create new trends? – The Ilya Kovalchuk contract situation might put a wrench in NHL teams’ plans to hand out “lifetime” deals, so will those new negotiations start new trends?
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)