Jul 30, 2010, 11:30 PM EST
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Blackhawks lose money despite winning the Cup – Evidence that owners should probably expect their other properties to make money, rather than sports teams.
Bruins accept arbitrator’s design on Blake Wheeler – They’ll have some cap troubles, but $2.2 million is reasonable for the young forward.
Abdelkader takes boxing lessons – Much better than [insert your least favorite player] doing “boxercize” classes.
Oilers name Ralph Krueger their assistant coach – Amazingly, Joe made a “Nightmare on Elm Street” reference. It’s almost as if he knew I’d make a Freddy Krueger joke here otherwise.
Islanders put Brendan Witt on waivers – Good thing he’s the kind of resilient guy who can bounce back from that … and getting hit by cars.
Are the Kings interested in Savard? – I said I’d discuss this tonight, but I lied. Instead, it’ll happen Saturday.
Kovalchuk contract grievance to be settled next week - Thank goodness.
Taylor Hall and Cam Fowler skip WJC camps – Could they both play in the NHL next season? Hmmm ….
How could the Bruins clear up cap space? – Discussing the most popular ideas for making room.
Ducks trade James Wisniewski to Islanders for conditional third rounder – Even if Anaheim adds a defenseman, I wonder how effective their D-corps will be next year.
Lightning might expand Phil Esposito’s role – If they did that, it would be another sound move by Tampa Bay.
Canadiens pick Louis Leblanc will leave Harvard – Well, it’s not like he’s going to make any money with a degree from that dump.
Sergei Fedorov’s money troubles continue – Poor Sergei Fedorov. Literally.
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 10
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 40
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (40)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (37)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)