Jul 30, 2010, 11:30 PM EST
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Blackhawks lose money despite winning the Cup – Evidence that owners should probably expect their other properties to make money, rather than sports teams.
Bruins accept arbitrator’s design on Blake Wheeler – They’ll have some cap troubles, but $2.2 million is reasonable for the young forward.
Abdelkader takes boxing lessons – Much better than [insert your least favorite player] doing “boxercize” classes.
Oilers name Ralph Krueger their assistant coach – Amazingly, Joe made a “Nightmare on Elm Street” reference. It’s almost as if he knew I’d make a Freddy Krueger joke here otherwise.
Islanders put Brendan Witt on waivers – Good thing he’s the kind of resilient guy who can bounce back from that … and getting hit by cars.
Are the Kings interested in Savard? – I said I’d discuss this tonight, but I lied. Instead, it’ll happen Saturday.
Kovalchuk contract grievance to be settled next week - Thank goodness.
Taylor Hall and Cam Fowler skip WJC camps – Could they both play in the NHL next season? Hmmm ….
How could the Bruins clear up cap space? – Discussing the most popular ideas for making room.
Ducks trade James Wisniewski to Islanders for conditional third rounder – Even if Anaheim adds a defenseman, I wonder how effective their D-corps will be next year.
Lightning might expand Phil Esposito’s role – If they did that, it would be another sound move by Tampa Bay.
Canadiens pick Louis Leblanc will leave Harvard – Well, it’s not like he’s going to make any money with a degree from that dump.
Sergei Fedorov’s money troubles continue – Poor Sergei Fedorov. Literally.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 13
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 42
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)