Jul 30, 2010, 11:30 PM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Blackhawks lose money despite winning the Cup – Evidence that owners should probably expect their other properties to make money, rather than sports teams.
Bruins accept arbitrator’s design on Blake Wheeler – They’ll have some cap troubles, but $2.2 million is reasonable for the young forward.
Abdelkader takes boxing lessons – Much better than [insert your least favorite player] doing “boxercize” classes.
Oilers name Ralph Krueger their assistant coach – Amazingly, Joe made a “Nightmare on Elm Street” reference. It’s almost as if he knew I’d make a Freddy Krueger joke here otherwise.
Islanders put Brendan Witt on waivers – Good thing he’s the kind of resilient guy who can bounce back from that … and getting hit by cars.
Are the Kings interested in Savard? – I said I’d discuss this tonight, but I lied. Instead, it’ll happen Saturday.
Kovalchuk contract grievance to be settled next week - Thank goodness.
Taylor Hall and Cam Fowler skip WJC camps – Could they both play in the NHL next season? Hmmm ….
How could the Bruins clear up cap space? – Discussing the most popular ideas for making room.
Ducks trade James Wisniewski to Islanders for conditional third rounder – Even if Anaheim adds a defenseman, I wonder how effective their D-corps will be next year.
Lightning might expand Phil Esposito’s role – If they did that, it would be another sound move by Tampa Bay.
Canadiens pick Louis Leblanc will leave Harvard – Well, it’s not like he’s going to make any money with a degree from that dump.
Sergei Fedorov’s money troubles continue – Poor Sergei Fedorov. Literally.
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 33
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 19
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 31
- Don Cherry: Canucks GM Gillis threw coaches ‘under the bus’ 25
- Playoffs Tonight: Bruins know series vs Rangers isn’t over 19
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 20
- Discuss: Penguins overwhelm Senators to take Game 4 75
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting 105
- Gillis: Vigneault fired because results weren’t there 21
- Official: Canucks fire head coach Vigneault, assistants Bowness and Brown 33
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (105)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (100)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement