Jul 30, 2010, 11:30 PM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Blackhawks lose money despite winning the Cup – Evidence that owners should probably expect their other properties to make money, rather than sports teams.
Bruins accept arbitrator’s design on Blake Wheeler – They’ll have some cap troubles, but $2.2 million is reasonable for the young forward.
Abdelkader takes boxing lessons – Much better than [insert your least favorite player] doing “boxercize” classes.
Oilers name Ralph Krueger their assistant coach – Amazingly, Joe made a “Nightmare on Elm Street” reference. It’s almost as if he knew I’d make a Freddy Krueger joke here otherwise.
Islanders put Brendan Witt on waivers – Good thing he’s the kind of resilient guy who can bounce back from that … and getting hit by cars.
Are the Kings interested in Savard? – I said I’d discuss this tonight, but I lied. Instead, it’ll happen Saturday.
Kovalchuk contract grievance to be settled next week – Thank goodness.
Taylor Hall and Cam Fowler skip WJC camps – Could they both play in the NHL next season? Hmmm ….
How could the Bruins clear up cap space? – Discussing the most popular ideas for making room.
Ducks trade James Wisniewski to Islanders for conditional third rounder – Even if Anaheim adds a defenseman, I wonder how effective their D-corps will be next year.
Lightning might expand Phil Esposito’s role – If they did that, it would be another sound move by Tampa Bay.
Canadiens pick Louis Leblanc will leave Harvard – Well, it’s not like he’s going to make any money with a degree from that dump.
Sergei Fedorov’s money troubles continue – Poor Sergei Fedorov. Literally.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 6
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 54
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 55
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 162
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 6
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 25
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 30
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (164)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)