Jul 29, 2010, 11:35 AM EDT
The Thrashers have again avoided arbitration with one of their new acquisitions from the Blackhawks obtained in the Great Chicago Fire Sale of 2010. This time it’s Andrew Ladd signing a one-year contract with Atlanta. Chris Vivlamore of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution tweets the final details of Ladd’s deal.
Ladd signs one-year deal worth $2.35 million with Thrashers.
It’s a solid deal for Ladd who will instantly be a first or second line left wing with the team and likely pair up with the likes of Niclas Bergfors and Nik Antropov to give the Thrashers some scoring punch up front. With deals done for Ladd and for Ben Eager, the Thrashers free agency view for next year is all set. Those two players along with Dustin Byfuglien, who has one year on his contract, sets up both Ladd and Byfuglien to be restricted free agents next year while Eager will be unrestricted. Not a bad deal for Atlanta to get two young, talented and controllable players from Chicago. If things pan out well with those players, Rick Dudley’s mark on the rebuilding of the Thrashers will be made and it’ll be a much-needed turn of events in Atlanta.
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 3
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 35
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 25
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 90
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- On the hot seat: McPhee will ‘talk in a couple of days’ 21
- Bruins are 7/2 favorites to win the Stanley Cup; Blues next at 6/1 49
- End of an era: Trotz out as Nashville head coach 40
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (90)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)