Jul 29, 2010, 11:35 AM EDT
The Thrashers have again avoided arbitration with one of their new acquisitions from the Blackhawks obtained in the Great Chicago Fire Sale of 2010. This time it’s Andrew Ladd signing a one-year contract with Atlanta. Chris Vivlamore of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution tweets the final details of Ladd’s deal.
Ladd signs one-year deal worth $2.35 million with Thrashers.
It’s a solid deal for Ladd who will instantly be a first or second line left wing with the team and likely pair up with the likes of Niclas Bergfors and Nik Antropov to give the Thrashers some scoring punch up front. With deals done for Ladd and for Ben Eager, the Thrashers free agency view for next year is all set. Those two players along with Dustin Byfuglien, who has one year on his contract, sets up both Ladd and Byfuglien to be restricted free agents next year while Eager will be unrestricted. Not a bad deal for Atlanta to get two young, talented and controllable players from Chicago. If things pan out well with those players, Rick Dudley’s mark on the rebuilding of the Thrashers will be made and it’ll be a much-needed turn of events in Atlanta.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 1
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 23
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 30
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)