Jul 29, 2010, 11:35 AM EDT
The Thrashers have again avoided arbitration with one of their new acquisitions from the Blackhawks obtained in the Great Chicago Fire Sale of 2010. This time it’s Andrew Ladd signing a one-year contract with Atlanta. Chris Vivlamore of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution tweets the final details of Ladd’s deal.
Ladd signs one-year deal worth $2.35 million with Thrashers.
It’s a solid deal for Ladd who will instantly be a first or second line left wing with the team and likely pair up with the likes of Niclas Bergfors and Nik Antropov to give the Thrashers some scoring punch up front. With deals done for Ladd and for Ben Eager, the Thrashers free agency view for next year is all set. Those two players along with Dustin Byfuglien, who has one year on his contract, sets up both Ladd and Byfuglien to be restricted free agents next year while Eager will be unrestricted. Not a bad deal for Atlanta to get two young, talented and controllable players from Chicago. If things pan out well with those players, Rick Dudley’s mark on the rebuilding of the Thrashers will be made and it’ll be a much-needed turn of events in Atlanta.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)