Jul 29, 2010, 11:35 AM EDT
The Thrashers have again avoided arbitration with one of their new acquisitions from the Blackhawks obtained in the Great Chicago Fire Sale of 2010. This time it’s Andrew Ladd signing a one-year contract with Atlanta. Chris Vivlamore of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution tweets the final details of Ladd’s deal.
Ladd signs one-year deal worth $2.35 million with Thrashers.
It’s a solid deal for Ladd who will instantly be a first or second line left wing with the team and likely pair up with the likes of Niclas Bergfors and Nik Antropov to give the Thrashers some scoring punch up front. With deals done for Ladd and for Ben Eager, the Thrashers free agency view for next year is all set. Those two players along with Dustin Byfuglien, who has one year on his contract, sets up both Ladd and Byfuglien to be restricted free agents next year while Eager will be unrestricted. Not a bad deal for Atlanta to get two young, talented and controllable players from Chicago. If things pan out well with those players, Rick Dudley’s mark on the rebuilding of the Thrashers will be made and it’ll be a much-needed turn of events in Atlanta.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 0
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 23
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15