Jul 28, 2010, 12:15 AM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Coyotes re-sign Alexandre Pickard – Must … resist … Star Trek … joke.
What about the rest of the free agents? – They’re sad pandas, I’d guess.
Islanders re-sign Matt Moulson – He’s definitely one of the players to watch next season.
GM Brian Burke doesn’t like Kovalchuk-type contracts – Then again, who exactly would he sign to that type of deal?
Rangers sign Alexander Frolov – No reason to throw a parade about this move, but it’s a low-risk move that could produce major dividends.
Penguins public address announcer John Barbero dies at age 65 – Sadly, on the same day Crosby and Lemieux skated on the new Consol ice for the first time.
Kings sign Alex Ponikarovsky – Not exactly the Russian winger the Kings were looking for …
Oilers sign Gilbert Brule – Good job by both sides to avoid arbitration.
Mario Lemieux and Sidney Crosby become the first to skate on the Consol Energy Center ice – Word is that the seats are close to the ice. Interesting.
Wheeler’s arbitration hearing was “professional” … how much is he worth?: Blake Wheeler could be a big problem for Boston.
Capitals, Tomas Fleischmann avoid arbitration – Seems like a reasonable deal, at least when you consider the funny money being thrown around.
Caps, Pens might turn to Aucoin, Sterling – The teams might go with AHL players thanks to salary cap concerns.
Refs seem to call less penalties in the third period, who are the biggest offenders?: Intriguing stuff about NHL zebras, I’d say.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 0
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)