Jul 28, 2010, 12:15 AM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Coyotes re-sign Alexandre Pickard – Must … resist … Star Trek … joke.
What about the rest of the free agents? – They’re sad pandas, I’d guess.
Islanders re-sign Matt Moulson – He’s definitely one of the players to watch next season.
GM Brian Burke doesn’t like Kovalchuk-type contracts – Then again, who exactly would he sign to that type of deal?
Rangers sign Alexander Frolov – No reason to throw a parade about this move, but it’s a low-risk move that could produce major dividends.
Penguins public address announcer John Barbero dies at age 65 – Sadly, on the same day Crosby and Lemieux skated on the new Consol ice for the first time.
Kings sign Alex Ponikarovsky – Not exactly the Russian winger the Kings were looking for …
Oilers sign Gilbert Brule – Good job by both sides to avoid arbitration.
Mario Lemieux and Sidney Crosby become the first to skate on the Consol Energy Center ice – Word is that the seats are close to the ice. Interesting.
Wheeler’s arbitration hearing was “professional” … how much is he worth?: Blake Wheeler could be a big problem for Boston.
Capitals, Tomas Fleischmann avoid arbitration – Seems like a reasonable deal, at least when you consider the funny money being thrown around.
Caps, Pens might turn to Aucoin, Sterling – The teams might go with AHL players thanks to salary cap concerns.
Refs seem to call less penalties in the third period, who are the biggest offenders?: Intriguing stuff about NHL zebras, I’d say.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (90)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)