Jul 28, 2010, 11:50 AM EDT
To touch on an update Joe made last week, Nikolai Khabibulin’s extreme DUI hearing will indeed be delayed. His court date will take place on August 27 and there will only be a judge, not a jury according to the Oilers Report.
Having Khabibulin’s court case in limbo must be a headache for the Oilers (and the goalie). Earlier this month, I discussed the speculation that jail time might allow Edmonton to get out of the aging goalie’s contract. It’s unclear if that could be the case or not, but now the team might have to wait longer to find out.
Could this be a good thing for a wayward free agent such as Marty Turco? Perhaps, but he might want to keep his contract demands reasonable since the Oilers could be stuck with the Bulin Wall – jail time or not.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2