Jul 28, 2010, 11:50 AM EDT
To touch on an update Joe made last week, Nikolai Khabibulin’s extreme DUI hearing will indeed be delayed. His court date will take place on August 27 and there will only be a judge, not a jury according to the Oilers Report.
Having Khabibulin’s court case in limbo must be a headache for the Oilers (and the goalie). Earlier this month, I discussed the speculation that jail time might allow Edmonton to get out of the aging goalie’s contract. It’s unclear if that could be the case or not, but now the team might have to wait longer to find out.
Could this be a good thing for a wayward free agent such as Marty Turco? Perhaps, but he might want to keep his contract demands reasonable since the Oilers could be stuck with the Bulin Wall – jail time or not.
- Prust fined $5K for ‘baseless and demeaning’ Watson comments 16
- Prust apologizes for all the stuff he said about referee Watson 42
- Flyers will be ‘extremely patient’ with youngsters, but ‘want a winner as soon as possible’ 22
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 15
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 52
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 65
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 26
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 26
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 9
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)