Jul 28, 2010, 11:50 AM EDT
To touch on an update Joe made last week, Nikolai Khabibulin’s extreme DUI hearing will indeed be delayed. His court date will take place on August 27 and there will only be a judge, not a jury according to the Oilers Report.
Having Khabibulin’s court case in limbo must be a headache for the Oilers (and the goalie). Earlier this month, I discussed the speculation that jail time might allow Edmonton to get out of the aging goalie’s contract. It’s unclear if that could be the case or not, but now the team might have to wait longer to find out.
Could this be a good thing for a wayward free agent such as Marty Turco? Perhaps, but he might want to keep his contract demands reasonable since the Oilers could be stuck with the Bulin Wall – jail time or not.
- Subban, Habs can’t agree to terms before arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 19
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 63
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 8
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 31
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)