Jul 28, 2010, 11:50 AM EDT
To touch on an update Joe made last week, Nikolai Khabibulin’s extreme DUI hearing will indeed be delayed. His court date will take place on August 27 and there will only be a judge, not a jury according to the Oilers Report.
Having Khabibulin’s court case in limbo must be a headache for the Oilers (and the goalie). Earlier this month, I discussed the speculation that jail time might allow Edmonton to get out of the aging goalie’s contract. It’s unclear if that could be the case or not, but now the team might have to wait longer to find out.
Could this be a good thing for a wayward free agent such as Marty Turco? Perhaps, but he might want to keep his contract demands reasonable since the Oilers could be stuck with the Bulin Wall – jail time or not.
- All eyes on Lundqvist 0
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 8
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 25
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)