Jul 28, 2010, 8:32 PM EDT
The Blackhawks have made it official that they’ve re-signed forwards Bryan Bickell and Jack Skille. Even though these signings were worked out a week or two ago (links to Bickell and Skille), it always helps to dot the “i’s” and cross the “t’s” on these things. Skille re-signed for one year and Bickell for three years.
Bickell and Skille rode the bus between Chicago and AHL Rockford quite a bit last year, Bickell more than Skille, but they’re being counted on for direct contribution in Chicago now. They’re both young guys (they’re both 23) and they’re both guys that will be counted on to be physical. They’re also being counted on to be cost-effective as well.
Skille’s contract is for $600,000 and Bickell is signed on for three years and $1.625 million total for those years, counting for a cool $541,666 against the cap. Let’s just hope the Hawks don’t end up over the cap by $0.65 or else Bickell could be asked to give the Blackhawks his lunch money.
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 6
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 15
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 38
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 16
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 38
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)