Jul 28, 2010, 8:32 PM EDT
The Blackhawks have made it official that they’ve re-signed forwards Bryan Bickell and Jack Skille. Even though these signings were worked out a week or two ago (links to Bickell and Skille), it always helps to dot the “i’s” and cross the “t’s” on these things. Skille re-signed for one year and Bickell for three years.
Bickell and Skille rode the bus between Chicago and AHL Rockford quite a bit last year, Bickell more than Skille, but they’re being counted on for direct contribution in Chicago now. They’re both young guys (they’re both 23) and they’re both guys that will be counted on to be physical. They’re also being counted on to be cost-effective as well.
Skille’s contract is for $600,000 and Bickell is signed on for three years and $1.625 million total for those years, counting for a cool $541,666 against the cap. Let’s just hope the Hawks don’t end up over the cap by $0.65 or else Bickell could be asked to give the Blackhawks his lunch money.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (159)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)