Jul 28, 2010, 8:32 PM EDT
The Blackhawks have made it official that they’ve re-signed forwards Bryan Bickell and Jack Skille. Even though these signings were worked out a week or two ago (links to Bickell and Skille), it always helps to dot the “i’s” and cross the “t’s” on these things. Skille re-signed for one year and Bickell for three years.
Bickell and Skille rode the bus between Chicago and AHL Rockford quite a bit last year, Bickell more than Skille, but they’re being counted on for direct contribution in Chicago now. They’re both young guys (they’re both 23) and they’re both guys that will be counted on to be physical. They’re also being counted on to be cost-effective as well.
Skille’s contract is for $600,000 and Bickell is signed on for three years and $1.625 million total for those years, counting for a cool $541,666 against the cap. Let’s just hope the Hawks don’t end up over the cap by $0.65 or else Bickell could be asked to give the Blackhawks his lunch money.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6