Jul 28, 2010, 8:32 PM EDT
The Blackhawks have made it official that they’ve re-signed forwards Bryan Bickell and Jack Skille. Even though these signings were worked out a week or two ago (links to Bickell and Skille), it always helps to dot the “i’s” and cross the “t’s” on these things. Skille re-signed for one year and Bickell for three years.
Bickell and Skille rode the bus between Chicago and AHL Rockford quite a bit last year, Bickell more than Skille, but they’re being counted on for direct contribution in Chicago now. They’re both young guys (they’re both 23) and they’re both guys that will be counted on to be physical. They’re also being counted on to be cost-effective as well.
Skille’s contract is for $600,000 and Bickell is signed on for three years and $1.625 million total for those years, counting for a cool $541,666 against the cap. Let’s just hope the Hawks don’t end up over the cap by $0.65 or else Bickell could be asked to give the Blackhawks his lunch money.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 0
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 20
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22