Jul 28, 2010, 8:32 PM EDT
The Blackhawks have made it official that they’ve re-signed forwards Bryan Bickell and Jack Skille. Even though these signings were worked out a week or two ago (links to Bickell and Skille), it always helps to dot the “i’s” and cross the “t’s” on these things. Skille re-signed for one year and Bickell for three years.
Bickell and Skille rode the bus between Chicago and AHL Rockford quite a bit last year, Bickell more than Skille, but they’re being counted on for direct contribution in Chicago now. They’re both young guys (they’re both 23) and they’re both guys that will be counted on to be physical. They’re also being counted on to be cost-effective as well.
Skille’s contract is for $600,000 and Bickell is signed on for three years and $1.625 million total for those years, counting for a cool $541,666 against the cap. Let’s just hope the Hawks don’t end up over the cap by $0.65 or else Bickell could be asked to give the Blackhawks his lunch money.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 16
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 38
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 33
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21