Jul 27, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
While the Coyotes have other pressing matters on their plate to deal with still, they are still going about business. Part of that business is signing players to fill out the organization and they’ve brought back one of their own in forward Alexandre Picard.
Picard, a former number one pick of the Blue Jackets in 2004 (8th overall), hasn’t found too much good luck in breaking into the NHL. In five seasons with the Blue Jackets organization, he played just 67 games with the team. He was traded to Phoenix this past March for former University of Michigan standout Chad Kolarik. Expect Picard to spend the better part of next season with Phoenix’s AHL team in San Antonio.
Alexandre Picard also has the incredible fortune of sharing a name with a defenseman in the Hurricanes system. They even spell their first names the same way. Creepy.
The Hurricanes Picard was drafted in 2003 by Philadelphia and has bounced around to Tampa Bay, Ottawa, and now on to Carolina. Hopefully the home arenas for both guys when they play in the AHL or NHL make sure to have the Star Trek: The Next Generation theme played for them if/when they score a goal or fight.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)