Jul 27, 2010, 9:00 AM EST
While the Coyotes have other pressing matters on their plate to deal with still, they are still going about business. Part of that business is signing players to fill out the organization and they’ve brought back one of their own in forward Alexandre Picard.
Picard, a former number one pick of the Blue Jackets in 2004 (8th overall), hasn’t found too much good luck in breaking into the NHL. In five seasons with the Blue Jackets organization, he played just 67 games with the team. He was traded to Phoenix this past March for former University of Michigan standout Chad Kolarik. Expect Picard to spend the better part of next season with Phoenix’s AHL team in San Antonio.
Alexandre Picard also has the incredible fortune of sharing a name with a defenseman in the Hurricanes system. They even spell their first names the same way. Creepy.
The Hurricanes Picard was drafted in 2003 by Philadelphia and has bounced around to Tampa Bay, Ottawa, and now on to Carolina. Hopefully the home arenas for both guys when they play in the AHL or NHL make sure to have the Star Trek: The Next Generation theme played for them if/when they score a goal or fight.
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 18
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 48
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 4
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 39
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)