Jul 27, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
While the Coyotes have other pressing matters on their plate to deal with still, they are still going about business. Part of that business is signing players to fill out the organization and they’ve brought back one of their own in forward Alexandre Picard.
Picard, a former number one pick of the Blue Jackets in 2004 (8th overall), hasn’t found too much good luck in breaking into the NHL. In five seasons with the Blue Jackets organization, he played just 67 games with the team. He was traded to Phoenix this past March for former University of Michigan standout Chad Kolarik. Expect Picard to spend the better part of next season with Phoenix’s AHL team in San Antonio.
Alexandre Picard also has the incredible fortune of sharing a name with a defenseman in the Hurricanes system. They even spell their first names the same way. Creepy.
The Hurricanes Picard was drafted in 2003 by Philadelphia and has bounced around to Tampa Bay, Ottawa, and now on to Carolina. Hopefully the home arenas for both guys when they play in the AHL or NHL make sure to have the Star Trek: The Next Generation theme played for them if/when they score a goal or fight.
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 0
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 45
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (60)