Jul 27, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
While the Coyotes have other pressing matters on their plate to deal with still, they are still going about business. Part of that business is signing players to fill out the organization and they’ve brought back one of their own in forward Alexandre Picard.
Picard, a former number one pick of the Blue Jackets in 2004 (8th overall), hasn’t found too much good luck in breaking into the NHL. In five seasons with the Blue Jackets organization, he played just 67 games with the team. He was traded to Phoenix this past March for former University of Michigan standout Chad Kolarik. Expect Picard to spend the better part of next season with Phoenix’s AHL team in San Antonio.
Alexandre Picard also has the incredible fortune of sharing a name with a defenseman in the Hurricanes system. They even spell their first names the same way. Creepy.
The Hurricanes Picard was drafted in 2003 by Philadelphia and has bounced around to Tampa Bay, Ottawa, and now on to Carolina. Hopefully the home arenas for both guys when they play in the AHL or NHL make sure to have the Star Trek: The Next Generation theme played for them if/when they score a goal or fight.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 7
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 19
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 17
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 22
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 50
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 22
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 15
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (50)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)