Jul 26, 2010, 12:30 AM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Lightning sign Chris Durno – Joe recounts an interesting story about his childhood. Far more interesting than his NHL career will likely be.
Larry Brooks unloads on Bettman and NHLPA over Kovalchuk contract – But Larry Brooks is such a placid guy. I’m really shocked by this.
Sami Salo’s injury shrouded in secrecy – Not unlike the ingredients of a typical grade school cafeteria meatloaf.
NHL might fine the Devils over Kovalchuk contract – My guess is it will be on the grounds of hurt feelings and/or embarrassment.
Are the Avs interested in Edmonton’s Andrew Cogliano? – Perhaps they’re trying to construct the speediest team in the NHL.
Penguins GM discusses team building – They might not have much as far as wingers go, but Ray Shero still seems to know what he’s doing.
The sad story of Dan Ryder – Michael Ryder’s younger brother is a troubled young man. Good luck to him.
NHL.com’s one-hit wonders – Will these seven players avoid one-hit wonder status?
PHT’s one-hit wonders – Will these seven players avoid one-hit wonder status?
Rangers, Kings interested in Alexander Frolov – I’m surprised that list isn’t bigger, to be honest.
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 0
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 1
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 27
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 36
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)