Jul 26, 2010, 12:30 AM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Lightning sign Chris Durno – Joe recounts an interesting story about his childhood. Far more interesting than his NHL career will likely be.
Larry Brooks unloads on Bettman and NHLPA over Kovalchuk contract – But Larry Brooks is such a placid guy. I’m really shocked by this.
Sami Salo’s injury shrouded in secrecy – Not unlike the ingredients of a typical grade school cafeteria meatloaf.
NHL might fine the Devils over Kovalchuk contract – My guess is it will be on the grounds of hurt feelings and/or embarrassment.
Are the Avs interested in Edmonton’s Andrew Cogliano? – Perhaps they’re trying to construct the speediest team in the NHL.
Penguins GM discusses team building – They might not have much as far as wingers go, but Ray Shero still seems to know what he’s doing.
The sad story of Dan Ryder – Michael Ryder’s younger brother is a troubled young man. Good luck to him.
NHL.com’s one-hit wonders – Will these seven players avoid one-hit wonder status?
PHT’s one-hit wonders – Will these seven players avoid one-hit wonder status?
Rangers, Kings interested in Alexander Frolov – I’m surprised that list isn’t bigger, to be honest.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 20
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 19
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 44
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 121
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 36
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 79
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7