Jul 26, 2010, 12:30 AM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Lightning sign Chris Durno – Joe recounts an interesting story about his childhood. Far more interesting than his NHL career will likely be.
Larry Brooks unloads on Bettman and NHLPA over Kovalchuk contract – But Larry Brooks is such a placid guy. I’m really shocked by this.
Sami Salo’s injury shrouded in secrecy – Not unlike the ingredients of a typical grade school cafeteria meatloaf.
NHL might fine the Devils over Kovalchuk contract – My guess is it will be on the grounds of hurt feelings and/or embarrassment.
Are the Avs interested in Edmonton’s Andrew Cogliano? – Perhaps they’re trying to construct the speediest team in the NHL.
Penguins GM discusses team building – They might not have much as far as wingers go, but Ray Shero still seems to know what he’s doing.
The sad story of Dan Ryder – Michael Ryder’s younger brother is a troubled young man. Good luck to him.
NHL.com’s one-hit wonders – Will these seven players avoid one-hit wonder status?
PHT’s one-hit wonders – Will these seven players avoid one-hit wonder status?
Rangers, Kings interested in Alexander Frolov – I’m surprised that list isn’t bigger, to be honest.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 1
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 4
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 10
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 34
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)