Jul 26, 2010, 12:30 AM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Lightning sign Chris Durno – Joe recounts an interesting story about his childhood. Far more interesting than his NHL career will likely be.
Larry Brooks unloads on Bettman and NHLPA over Kovalchuk contract – But Larry Brooks is such a placid guy. I’m really shocked by this.
Sami Salo’s injury shrouded in secrecy – Not unlike the ingredients of a typical grade school cafeteria meatloaf.
NHL might fine the Devils over Kovalchuk contract – My guess is it will be on the grounds of hurt feelings and/or embarrassment.
Are the Avs interested in Edmonton’s Andrew Cogliano? – Perhaps they’re trying to construct the speediest team in the NHL.
Penguins GM discusses team building – They might not have much as far as wingers go, but Ray Shero still seems to know what he’s doing.
The sad story of Dan Ryder – Michael Ryder’s younger brother is a troubled young man. Good luck to him.
NHL.com’s one-hit wonders – Will these seven players avoid one-hit wonder status?
PHT’s one-hit wonders – Will these seven players avoid one-hit wonder status?
Rangers, Kings interested in Alexander Frolov – I’m surprised that list isn’t bigger, to be honest.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39