Jul 26, 2010, 12:30 AM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Lightning sign Chris Durno – Joe recounts an interesting story about his childhood. Far more interesting than his NHL career will likely be.
Larry Brooks unloads on Bettman and NHLPA over Kovalchuk contract – But Larry Brooks is such a placid guy. I’m really shocked by this.
Sami Salo’s injury shrouded in secrecy – Not unlike the ingredients of a typical grade school cafeteria meatloaf.
NHL might fine the Devils over Kovalchuk contract – My guess is it will be on the grounds of hurt feelings and/or embarrassment.
Are the Avs interested in Edmonton’s Andrew Cogliano? – Perhaps they’re trying to construct the speediest team in the NHL.
Penguins GM discusses team building – They might not have much as far as wingers go, but Ray Shero still seems to know what he’s doing.
The sad story of Dan Ryder – Michael Ryder’s younger brother is a troubled young man. Good luck to him.
NHL.com’s one-hit wonders – Will these seven players avoid one-hit wonder status?
PHT’s one-hit wonders – Will these seven players avoid one-hit wonder status?
Rangers, Kings interested in Alexander Frolov – I’m surprised that list isn’t bigger, to be honest.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (70)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)