Jul 26, 2010, 5:40 PM EST
Mere moments after the original post went up, Jay Gold passes along a report that Frolov might sign with the New York Rangers. Gold also notes that it’s not official, so take it with a grain of salt.
Yesterday, we discussed the fact that the New York Rangers and Los Angeles Kings were eye-balling Alexander Frolov. Arthur Staple illuminates the subject a bit, stating that the KHL is also in the Frolov mix.
UFA A. Frolov mulling 4-year offer from KHL and a likely 2-year offer for less $ per year from #NYRangers, sources say.
As a Russian winger with limited options, it’s no surprise that Frolov is getting some attention from the KHL. In fact, I’ve assumed as much in previous stories about the left winger before this report.
It will basically come down to comfort or level of competition for Frolov. Will he go with the added security of a bigger, longer deal in the KHL or a riskier deal to stay in the NHL? He’d probably get every opportunity to put up big numbers in the Big Apple because the team features few scoring threats outside of injury-prone star Marian Gaborik.
He’s far from a superstar, but you can expect a 25-to-30 goal season from him most years. It’d be nice if he stays in the U.S. but we’ll just have to wait and see.
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 0
- Trade: Montreal acquires Petry from Edmonton for two draft picks 11
- Bruins acquire Connolly from the Lightning for draft picks (Confirmed) 27
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 69
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (151)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)