Jul 26, 2010, 5:40 PM EDT
Mere moments after the original post went up, Jay Gold passes along a report that Frolov might sign with the New York Rangers. Gold also notes that it’s not official, so take it with a grain of salt.
Yesterday, we discussed the fact that the New York Rangers and Los Angeles Kings were eye-balling Alexander Frolov. Arthur Staple illuminates the subject a bit, stating that the KHL is also in the Frolov mix.
UFA A. Frolov mulling 4-year offer from KHL and a likely 2-year offer for less $ per year from #NYRangers, sources say.
As a Russian winger with limited options, it’s no surprise that Frolov is getting some attention from the KHL. In fact, I’ve assumed as much in previous stories about the left winger before this report.
It will basically come down to comfort or level of competition for Frolov. Will he go with the added security of a bigger, longer deal in the KHL or a riskier deal to stay in the NHL? He’d probably get every opportunity to put up big numbers in the Big Apple because the team features few scoring threats outside of injury-prone star Marian Gaborik.
He’s far from a superstar, but you can expect a 25-to-30 goal season from him most years. It’d be nice if he stays in the U.S. but we’ll just have to wait and see.
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 17
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 12
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 10
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 40
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 48
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 86
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 40
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 63
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)