Jul 26, 2010, 5:40 PM EST
Mere moments after the original post went up, Jay Gold passes along a report that Frolov might sign with the New York Rangers. Gold also notes that it’s not official, so take it with a grain of salt.
Yesterday, we discussed the fact that the New York Rangers and Los Angeles Kings were eye-balling Alexander Frolov. Arthur Staple illuminates the subject a bit, stating that the KHL is also in the Frolov mix.
UFA A. Frolov mulling 4-year offer from KHL and a likely 2-year offer for less $ per year from #NYRangers, sources say.
As a Russian winger with limited options, it’s no surprise that Frolov is getting some attention from the KHL. In fact, I’ve assumed as much in previous stories about the left winger before this report.
It will basically come down to comfort or level of competition for Frolov. Will he go with the added security of a bigger, longer deal in the KHL or a riskier deal to stay in the NHL? He’d probably get every opportunity to put up big numbers in the Big Apple because the team features few scoring threats outside of injury-prone star Marian Gaborik.
He’s far from a superstar, but you can expect a 25-to-30 goal season from him most years. It’d be nice if he stays in the U.S. but we’ll just have to wait and see.
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 4
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 5
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 7
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 20
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 19
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 43
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 7
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)