Jul 26, 2010, 5:40 PM EDT
Mere moments after the original post went up, Jay Gold passes along a report that Frolov might sign with the New York Rangers. Gold also notes that it’s not official, so take it with a grain of salt.
Yesterday, we discussed the fact that the New York Rangers and Los Angeles Kings were eye-balling Alexander Frolov. Arthur Staple illuminates the subject a bit, stating that the KHL is also in the Frolov mix.
UFA A. Frolov mulling 4-year offer from KHL and a likely 2-year offer for less $ per year from #NYRangers, sources say.
As a Russian winger with limited options, it’s no surprise that Frolov is getting some attention from the KHL. In fact, I’ve assumed as much in previous stories about the left winger before this report.
It will basically come down to comfort or level of competition for Frolov. Will he go with the added security of a bigger, longer deal in the KHL or a riskier deal to stay in the NHL? He’d probably get every opportunity to put up big numbers in the Big Apple because the team features few scoring threats outside of injury-prone star Marian Gaborik.
He’s far from a superstar, but you can expect a 25-to-30 goal season from him most years. It’d be nice if he stays in the U.S. but we’ll just have to wait and see.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 32
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 9
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (33)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)