Jul 26, 2010, 5:40 PM EST
Mere moments after the original post went up, Jay Gold passes along a report that Frolov might sign with the New York Rangers. Gold also notes that it’s not official, so take it with a grain of salt.
Yesterday, we discussed the fact that the New York Rangers and Los Angeles Kings were eye-balling Alexander Frolov. Arthur Staple illuminates the subject a bit, stating that the KHL is also in the Frolov mix.
UFA A. Frolov mulling 4-year offer from KHL and a likely 2-year offer for less $ per year from #NYRangers, sources say.
As a Russian winger with limited options, it’s no surprise that Frolov is getting some attention from the KHL. In fact, I’ve assumed as much in previous stories about the left winger before this report.
It will basically come down to comfort or level of competition for Frolov. Will he go with the added security of a bigger, longer deal in the KHL or a riskier deal to stay in the NHL? He’d probably get every opportunity to put up big numbers in the Big Apple because the team features few scoring threats outside of injury-prone star Marian Gaborik.
He’s far from a superstar, but you can expect a 25-to-30 goal season from him most years. It’d be nice if he stays in the U.S. but we’ll just have to wait and see.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 6
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 30
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)