Jul 24, 2010, 12:10 AM EST
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Henrik Zetterberg’s wedding photos show that they party like it’s 1929 – So weird. So Swedish.
Dallas Stars sign Fabian Brunnstrom – Example 4,350 of why most sought-after imports don’t work out.
Agents say that the NHL cannot block Ilya Kovalchuk’s contract – They also deny fan-created rumors that their hearts are made out of coal.
MSG Network won’t bring back Billy Jaffe – Jaffe was too critical of the Islanders, apparently. I hear they’re auditioning someone who will be more in line with their preferences regarding criticism. That person is blind.
Sami Salo out indefinitely – Well, at least he didn’t injure himself riding a motorcycle or washing his car.
Cliff Viner named sole managing partner of the Florida Panthers – In semi-related news, James Brown was named the soul managing partner of the afterlife. That’s an R & B joke, folks.
Blackhawks sign Bryan Bickell - They lost a lot of girth this summer, but Bickell will keep them in the heavyweight division.
Kevin Smith discusses “Hit Somebody,” filming in Detroit – If I were to make a movie about Smith’s career, it would be called “Hit or Miss.”
Would Detroit be better off without Mike Modano? – I’d say yes.
Yzerman’s latest moves – It’s been a summer of considerable change in Tampa Bay.
Updates on Nicklas Grossman, James Neal, Bobby Ryan – Will James Neal get a “real deal”?
2011 NHL All-Star Game logo to be unveiled Monday – The Duke Blue Devils and North Carolina Tar Heels will probably not be involved. Probably not.
Poile reflects on signing Blake Geoffrion, growing hockey in Nashville – It’s been an uphill battle in Tennessee, but signing a native of the area must be a good sign. (Even if his lineage indicates that the game was passed down from his father rather than the NHL team).
Gilbert Brule could get a big raise – Perhaps the true danger of free agent signing periods lies in the smaller deals, rather than the blockbuster Kovalchuk-type contracts? No, it’s probably in the latter, but still.
Tyler Seguin impressed by turnout, fan knowledge during Bruins development camp – That kid’s a keeper, I tell you.
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 21
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 20
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 22
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 45
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 9