Jul 24, 2010, 12:10 AM EST
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Henrik Zetterberg’s wedding photos show that they party like it’s 1929 – So weird. So Swedish.
Dallas Stars sign Fabian Brunnstrom – Example 4,350 of why most sought-after imports don’t work out.
Agents say that the NHL cannot block Ilya Kovalchuk’s contract – They also deny fan-created rumors that their hearts are made out of coal.
MSG Network won’t bring back Billy Jaffe – Jaffe was too critical of the Islanders, apparently. I hear they’re auditioning someone who will be more in line with their preferences regarding criticism. That person is blind.
Sami Salo out indefinitely – Well, at least he didn’t injure himself riding a motorcycle or washing his car.
Cliff Viner named sole managing partner of the Florida Panthers – In semi-related news, James Brown was named the soul managing partner of the afterlife. That’s an R & B joke, folks.
Blackhawks sign Bryan Bickell - They lost a lot of girth this summer, but Bickell will keep them in the heavyweight division.
Kevin Smith discusses “Hit Somebody,” filming in Detroit – If I were to make a movie about Smith’s career, it would be called “Hit or Miss.”
Would Detroit be better off without Mike Modano? – I’d say yes.
Yzerman’s latest moves – It’s been a summer of considerable change in Tampa Bay.
Updates on Nicklas Grossman, James Neal, Bobby Ryan – Will James Neal get a “real deal”?
2011 NHL All-Star Game logo to be unveiled Monday – The Duke Blue Devils and North Carolina Tar Heels will probably not be involved. Probably not.
Poile reflects on signing Blake Geoffrion, growing hockey in Nashville – It’s been an uphill battle in Tennessee, but signing a native of the area must be a good sign. (Even if his lineage indicates that the game was passed down from his father rather than the NHL team).
Gilbert Brule could get a big raise – Perhaps the true danger of free agent signing periods lies in the smaller deals, rather than the blockbuster Kovalchuk-type contracts? No, it’s probably in the latter, but still.
Tyler Seguin impressed by turnout, fan knowledge during Bruins development camp – That kid’s a keeper, I tell you.
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 10
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 40
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (40)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (37)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)