Jul 23, 2010, 10:00 PM EDT
For whatever reason, next week will be a week of official NHL event announcements. As we told you yesterday, the league will hold an official press conference regarding the 2011 Winter Classic at Heinz Field on Tuesday. Carolina Hurricanes owner Peter Karmanos released a statement saying today saying that the logo for the 2011 NHL All-Star Game will be unveiled on Monday.
Peter Karmanos Jr., CEO/Owner/Governor of the National Hockey League’s Carolina Hurricanes, will hold a news conference on Monday, July 26, at RBC Plaza in downtown Raleigh. During the news conference, Mr. Karmanos will reveal the logo for the 2011 NHL All-Star Game, which will be held on Sunday, Jan. 30, 2011, at the RBC Center, and will discuss the ongoing preparations for the event.
January should be a fun month for big hockey events, with the Winter Classic taking place on New Year’s Day and the All-Star Game happening on the last weekend of the month.
Of course, this will mark the first All-Star Game in two years since the league opted to take part in the 2010 Vancouver Olympics. Take a peek at PHT tomorrow as I’ll discuss one idea that I think could improve interest – if not the level of competition – in the events.
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 18
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 18
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 76
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 95
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 12
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)