Jul 23, 2010, 10:00 PM EDT
For whatever reason, next week will be a week of official NHL event announcements. As we told you yesterday, the league will hold an official press conference regarding the 2011 Winter Classic at Heinz Field on Tuesday. Carolina Hurricanes owner Peter Karmanos released a statement saying today saying that the logo for the 2011 NHL All-Star Game will be unveiled on Monday.
Peter Karmanos Jr., CEO/Owner/Governor of the National Hockey League’s Carolina Hurricanes, will hold a news conference on Monday, July 26, at RBC Plaza in downtown Raleigh. During the news conference, Mr. Karmanos will reveal the logo for the 2011 NHL All-Star Game, which will be held on Sunday, Jan. 30, 2011, at the RBC Center, and will discuss the ongoing preparations for the event.
January should be a fun month for big hockey events, with the Winter Classic taking place on New Year’s Day and the All-Star Game happening on the last weekend of the month.
Of course, this will mark the first All-Star Game in two years since the league opted to take part in the 2010 Vancouver Olympics. Take a peek at PHT tomorrow as I’ll discuss one idea that I think could improve interest – if not the level of competition – in the events.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)