Jul 23, 2010, 10:00 PM EST
For whatever reason, next week will be a week of official NHL event announcements. As we told you yesterday, the league will hold an official press conference regarding the 2011 Winter Classic at Heinz Field on Tuesday. Carolina Hurricanes owner Peter Karmanos released a statement saying today saying that the logo for the 2011 NHL All-Star Game will be unveiled on Monday.
Peter Karmanos Jr., CEO/Owner/Governor of the National Hockey League’s Carolina Hurricanes, will hold a news conference on Monday, July 26, at RBC Plaza in downtown Raleigh. During the news conference, Mr. Karmanos will reveal the logo for the 2011 NHL All-Star Game, which will be held on Sunday, Jan. 30, 2011, at the RBC Center, and will discuss the ongoing preparations for the event.
January should be a fun month for big hockey events, with the Winter Classic taking place on New Year’s Day and the All-Star Game happening on the last weekend of the month.
Of course, this will mark the first All-Star Game in two years since the league opted to take part in the 2010 Vancouver Olympics. Take a peek at PHT tomorrow as I’ll discuss one idea that I think could improve interest – if not the level of competition – in the events.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)