Jul 22, 2010, 8:00 PM EDT
It’s getting to that “fluffy summer time” part of the calendar, but that doesn’t mean we can’t have a little frivolous hockey fun, right? NHL.com has been in the spirit lately, as today they featured some of the “wackiest goal celebrations” in the league history. Something tells me they didn’t consult Don Cherry for this list.
I thought I’d share my three favorites from that collection. Here they are.
How can you not root for that troubled sprite named Theo Fleury?
When you think of Teemu Selanne’s rookie record-breaking 76 goal season, that is the enduring image.
It may lack for originality, at least in the entire realm of entertainment, but evoking Jimi Hendrix is rarely a bad move. (Unless you’re choking on your own vomit. Then it’s a pretty bad move.)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 35
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 44
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 52
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Panthers re-sign Kulikov: three years, $13 million 6
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him 77
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M 58
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (57)