Jul 22, 2010, 8:00 PM EDT
It’s getting to that “fluffy summer time” part of the calendar, but that doesn’t mean we can’t have a little frivolous hockey fun, right? NHL.com has been in the spirit lately, as today they featured some of the “wackiest goal celebrations” in the league history. Something tells me they didn’t consult Don Cherry for this list.
I thought I’d share my three favorites from that collection. Here they are.
How can you not root for that troubled sprite named Theo Fleury?
When you think of Teemu Selanne’s rookie record-breaking 76 goal season, that is the enduring image.
It may lack for originality, at least in the entire realm of entertainment, but evoking Jimi Hendrix is rarely a bad move. (Unless you’re choking on your own vomit. Then it’s a pretty bad move.)
- Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 10
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 5
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29