Jul 22, 2010, 8:00 PM EDT
It’s getting to that “fluffy summer time” part of the calendar, but that doesn’t mean we can’t have a little frivolous hockey fun, right? NHL.com has been in the spirit lately, as today they featured some of the “wackiest goal celebrations” in the league history. Something tells me they didn’t consult Don Cherry for this list.
I thought I’d share my three favorites from that collection. Here they are.
How can you not root for that troubled sprite named Theo Fleury?
When you think of Teemu Selanne’s rookie record-breaking 76 goal season, that is the enduring image.
It may lack for originality, at least in the entire realm of entertainment, but evoking Jimi Hendrix is rarely a bad move. (Unless you’re choking on your own vomit. Then it’s a pretty bad move.)
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 0
- WATCH LIVE: Washington Capitals at Pittsburgh Penguins 1
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 13
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 53
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (67)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)