Jul 22, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
It’s not always contract news, trade rumors or injuries that we take notice of here at Pro Hockey Talk, sometimes it’s about real life sorts of things and sometimes that news will break the hearts of women around the world when we bring it to you. Hang on to your hats ladies, but Detroit Red Wings star winger Henrik Zetterberg is about to be off the market. Mlive.com’s George Malik translates the nuptial announcement from Sweden’s Aftonbladet for us.
Their wedding–a parade of stars. NHL professionals invade little Molle as “Zata” marries. Tomorrow hockey star Henrik Zetterberg will marry Emma Andersson. And the couple will be married before a row of NHL stars.
“Weddings are among the most exciting [of events], and this will be really cool,” said Detroit defenseman Niklas Kronwall.
Forgive us if we’re terrified at the thought of a filled-with-celebratory-cheer Niklas Kronwall crashing the dance floor. For Zetterberg, he and his lovely soon-to-be wife have been together for three years and some fans may recall seeing her in the Stanley Cup celebration on the ice in Pittsburgh in 2008. My manners prevent me from adding anything other than saying that Henrik is a very lucky guy.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 18
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 30
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 32
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)