Jul 22, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
It’s not always contract news, trade rumors or injuries that we take notice of here at Pro Hockey Talk, sometimes it’s about real life sorts of things and sometimes that news will break the hearts of women around the world when we bring it to you. Hang on to your hats ladies, but Detroit Red Wings star winger Henrik Zetterberg is about to be off the market. Mlive.com’s George Malik translates the nuptial announcement from Sweden’s Aftonbladet for us.
Their wedding–a parade of stars. NHL professionals invade little Molle as “Zata” marries. Tomorrow hockey star Henrik Zetterberg will marry Emma Andersson. And the couple will be married before a row of NHL stars.
“Weddings are among the most exciting [of events], and this will be really cool,” said Detroit defenseman Niklas Kronwall.
Forgive us if we’re terrified at the thought of a filled-with-celebratory-cheer Niklas Kronwall crashing the dance floor. For Zetterberg, he and his lovely soon-to-be wife have been together for three years and some fans may recall seeing her in the Stanley Cup celebration on the ice in Pittsburgh in 2008. My manners prevent me from adding anything other than saying that Henrik is a very lucky guy.
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 27
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 7
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 10
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 44
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 91
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- Playoffs Tonight: We’re tied going into Boston 9
- Writer: NHL playoffs are ‘annoying’ 79
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL