Jul 22, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
It’s not always contract news, trade rumors or injuries that we take notice of here at Pro Hockey Talk, sometimes it’s about real life sorts of things and sometimes that news will break the hearts of women around the world when we bring it to you. Hang on to your hats ladies, but Detroit Red Wings star winger Henrik Zetterberg is about to be off the market. Mlive.com’s George Malik translates the nuptial announcement from Sweden’s Aftonbladet for us.
Their wedding–a parade of stars. NHL professionals invade little Molle as “Zata” marries. Tomorrow hockey star Henrik Zetterberg will marry Emma Andersson. And the couple will be married before a row of NHL stars.
“Weddings are among the most exciting [of events], and this will be really cool,” said Detroit defenseman Niklas Kronwall.
Forgive us if we’re terrified at the thought of a filled-with-celebratory-cheer Niklas Kronwall crashing the dance floor. For Zetterberg, he and his lovely soon-to-be wife have been together for three years and some fans may recall seeing her in the Stanley Cup celebration on the ice in Pittsburgh in 2008. My manners prevent me from adding anything other than saying that Henrik is a very lucky guy.
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 0
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 8
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 38
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)