Jul 22, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
It’s not always contract news, trade rumors or injuries that we take notice of here at Pro Hockey Talk, sometimes it’s about real life sorts of things and sometimes that news will break the hearts of women around the world when we bring it to you. Hang on to your hats ladies, but Detroit Red Wings star winger Henrik Zetterberg is about to be off the market. Mlive.com’s George Malik translates the nuptial announcement from Sweden’s Aftonbladet for us.
Their wedding–a parade of stars. NHL professionals invade little Molle as “Zata” marries. Tomorrow hockey star Henrik Zetterberg will marry Emma Andersson. And the couple will be married before a row of NHL stars.
“Weddings are among the most exciting [of events], and this will be really cool,” said Detroit defenseman Niklas Kronwall.
Forgive us if we’re terrified at the thought of a filled-with-celebratory-cheer Niklas Kronwall crashing the dance floor. For Zetterberg, he and his lovely soon-to-be wife have been together for three years and some fans may recall seeing her in the Stanley Cup celebration on the ice in Pittsburgh in 2008. My manners prevent me from adding anything other than saying that Henrik is a very lucky guy.
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 5
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 19
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 20
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)