Jul 22, 2010, 10:30 AM EST
It’s not always contract news, trade rumors or injuries that we take notice of here at Pro Hockey Talk, sometimes it’s about real life sorts of things and sometimes that news will break the hearts of women around the world when we bring it to you. Hang on to your hats ladies, but Detroit Red Wings star winger Henrik Zetterberg is about to be off the market. Mlive.com’s George Malik translates the nuptial announcement from Sweden’s Aftonbladet for us.
Their wedding–a parade of stars. NHL professionals invade little Molle as “Zata” marries. Tomorrow hockey star Henrik Zetterberg will marry Emma Andersson. And the couple will be married before a row of NHL stars.
“Weddings are among the most exciting [of events], and this will be really cool,” said Detroit defenseman Niklas Kronwall.
Forgive us if we’re terrified at the thought of a filled-with-celebratory-cheer Niklas Kronwall crashing the dance floor. For Zetterberg, he and his lovely soon-to-be wife have been together for three years and some fans may recall seeing her in the Stanley Cup celebration on the ice in Pittsburgh in 2008. My manners prevent me from adding anything other than saying that Henrik is a very lucky guy.
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 0
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 52
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (52)