Jul 22, 2010, 6:05 PM EDT
Sometimes some signings aren’t quite big news enough to demand their own single post. No offense guys, but there’s a bit of a pecking order around here. We’ll sum up today’s depth signings for you here.
Everyone’s favorite defenseman, whether they know it or not, is back
on a one-year deal with the Blue Jackets. Clitsome, a former standout
defenseman at Clarkson University, got some part-time work with the Blue
Jackets last year as they dealt with injuries. He spent the majority of
last season in the AHL with Syracuse.
Hoffman is a 20 year-old winger who just completed his last year in the CHL. He was the QMJHL most valuable player last year with the St. John Sea Dogs. He scored 46 goals and had 85 points last season for the Sea Dogs. Whether he gets to crack the Ottawa lineup or not remains to be seen, but an immediate future in AHL Binghamton isn’t out of the question.
Cody Bass is what you’d call a “scrappy” player. He’ll do all the dirty work that the rest of the guys on the ice might not want to do. He’ll go into the corners, he’ll throw the body and he’ll fight on occasion. There’s a spot for guys like on every team and in Bass’ case, he’ll have either Ottawa or Binghamton to do that with as his contract is a two-way deal.
The Flames are looking for more goaltending depth within the organization and in signing Lamoureux they’ve got it. The former University of North Dakota standout played with the Portland Pirates of the AHL last year. Just so long as other teams in the AHL aren’t populated with former Boston College Eagles, Lamoureux should do all right in Abbotsford with the Heat.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 39
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)