Jul 22, 2010, 6:05 PM EST
Sometimes some signings aren’t quite big news enough to demand their own single post. No offense guys, but there’s a bit of a pecking order around here. We’ll sum up today’s depth signings for you here.
Everyone’s favorite defenseman, whether they know it or not, is back
on a one-year deal with the Blue Jackets. Clitsome, a former standout
defenseman at Clarkson University, got some part-time work with the Blue
Jackets last year as they dealt with injuries. He spent the majority of
last season in the AHL with Syracuse.
Hoffman is a 20 year-old winger who just completed his last year in the CHL. He was the QMJHL most valuable player last year with the St. John Sea Dogs. He scored 46 goals and had 85 points last season for the Sea Dogs. Whether he gets to crack the Ottawa lineup or not remains to be seen, but an immediate future in AHL Binghamton isn’t out of the question.
Cody Bass is what you’d call a “scrappy” player. He’ll do all the dirty work that the rest of the guys on the ice might not want to do. He’ll go into the corners, he’ll throw the body and he’ll fight on occasion. There’s a spot for guys like on every team and in Bass’ case, he’ll have either Ottawa or Binghamton to do that with as his contract is a two-way deal.
The Flames are looking for more goaltending depth within the organization and in signing Lamoureux they’ve got it. The former University of North Dakota standout played with the Portland Pirates of the AHL last year. Just so long as other teams in the AHL aren’t populated with former Boston College Eagles, Lamoureux should do all right in Abbotsford with the Heat.
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 5
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 23
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21