Jul 22, 2010, 6:05 PM EDT
Sometimes some signings aren’t quite big news enough to demand their own single post. No offense guys, but there’s a bit of a pecking order around here. We’ll sum up today’s depth signings for you here.
Everyone’s favorite defenseman, whether they know it or not, is back
on a one-year deal with the Blue Jackets. Clitsome, a former standout
defenseman at Clarkson University, got some part-time work with the Blue
Jackets last year as they dealt with injuries. He spent the majority of
last season in the AHL with Syracuse.
Hoffman is a 20 year-old winger who just completed his last year in the CHL. He was the QMJHL most valuable player last year with the St. John Sea Dogs. He scored 46 goals and had 85 points last season for the Sea Dogs. Whether he gets to crack the Ottawa lineup or not remains to be seen, but an immediate future in AHL Binghamton isn’t out of the question.
Cody Bass is what you’d call a “scrappy” player. He’ll do all the dirty work that the rest of the guys on the ice might not want to do. He’ll go into the corners, he’ll throw the body and he’ll fight on occasion. There’s a spot for guys like on every team and in Bass’ case, he’ll have either Ottawa or Binghamton to do that with as his contract is a two-way deal.
The Flames are looking for more goaltending depth within the organization and in signing Lamoureux they’ve got it. The former University of North Dakota standout played with the Portland Pirates of the AHL last year. Just so long as other teams in the AHL aren’t populated with former Boston College Eagles, Lamoureux should do all right in Abbotsford with the Heat.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 1
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 4
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 10
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 34
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)