Jul 21, 2010, 9:00 AM EST
Being that news came pretty late regarding the NHL reportedly rejecting Ilya Kovalchuk’s contract, I imagine this might be the first some people have heard of it. To make things easier on you (scrolling way down the page? For the birds.), I decided to put a small “collection” of the posts together. Each link will have a little description, too.
Report: NHL rejects Kovalchuk’s contract: This is the “meat and potatoes” take on the subject.
So, what happens next?: Now that we’ve determined that the league won’t stand for that contract jive talk, what are the Devils/Kovalchuk/league reps to do? I consulted Twitter to find out the answer(s).
Does the NHL have a case? Could the Kings get back into the mix?: At first, I thought the answer to the first question was “Yes” but now that’s being disputed. This Kovalchuk scenario would go from weird to “A visual expression of Les Claypool’s dreams” if the Kings were able to get in the mix again.
Here are some bonus links for Kovalchuk background:
Finally, a detailed look at Kovalchuk’s wacky (and possibly voided) contract.
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 70
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 95
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 6
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 179
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (179)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (95)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (89)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (87)