Jul 21, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
Being that news came pretty late regarding the NHL reportedly rejecting Ilya Kovalchuk’s contract, I imagine this might be the first some people have heard of it. To make things easier on you (scrolling way down the page? For the birds.), I decided to put a small “collection” of the posts together. Each link will have a little description, too.
Report: NHL rejects Kovalchuk’s contract: This is the “meat and potatoes” take on the subject.
So, what happens next?: Now that we’ve determined that the league won’t stand for that contract jive talk, what are the Devils/Kovalchuk/league reps to do? I consulted Twitter to find out the answer(s).
Does the NHL have a case? Could the Kings get back into the mix?: At first, I thought the answer to the first question was “Yes” but now that’s being disputed. This Kovalchuk scenario would go from weird to “A visual expression of Les Claypool’s dreams” if the Kings were able to get in the mix again.
Here are some bonus links for Kovalchuk background:
Finally, a detailed look at Kovalchuk’s wacky (and possibly voided) contract.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 0
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 17
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 24
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 23
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 17
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 53
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6