Jul 21, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
Being that news came pretty late regarding the NHL reportedly rejecting Ilya Kovalchuk’s contract, I imagine this might be the first some people have heard of it. To make things easier on you (scrolling way down the page? For the birds.), I decided to put a small “collection” of the posts together. Each link will have a little description, too.
Report: NHL rejects Kovalchuk’s contract: This is the “meat and potatoes” take on the subject.
So, what happens next?: Now that we’ve determined that the league won’t stand for that contract jive talk, what are the Devils/Kovalchuk/league reps to do? I consulted Twitter to find out the answer(s).
Does the NHL have a case? Could the Kings get back into the mix?: At first, I thought the answer to the first question was “Yes” but now that’s being disputed. This Kovalchuk scenario would go from weird to “A visual expression of Les Claypool’s dreams” if the Kings were able to get in the mix again.
Here are some bonus links for Kovalchuk background:
Finally, a detailed look at Kovalchuk’s wacky (and possibly voided) contract.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5