Jul 21, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
Being that news came pretty late regarding the NHL reportedly rejecting Ilya Kovalchuk’s contract, I imagine this might be the first some people have heard of it. To make things easier on you (scrolling way down the page? For the birds.), I decided to put a small “collection” of the posts together. Each link will have a little description, too.
Report: NHL rejects Kovalchuk’s contract: This is the “meat and potatoes” take on the subject.
So, what happens next?: Now that we’ve determined that the league won’t stand for that contract jive talk, what are the Devils/Kovalchuk/league reps to do? I consulted Twitter to find out the answer(s).
Does the NHL have a case? Could the Kings get back into the mix?: At first, I thought the answer to the first question was “Yes” but now that’s being disputed. This Kovalchuk scenario would go from weird to “A visual expression of Les Claypool’s dreams” if the Kings were able to get in the mix again.
Here are some bonus links for Kovalchuk background:
Finally, a detailed look at Kovalchuk’s wacky (and possibly voided) contract.
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Western Conference Final Game 7 0
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 7
- Sabres’ Kane (shoulder) ‘ahead of schedule’ with recovery 17
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 37
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 21
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 76
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 58
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (58)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)