Jul 21, 2010, 9:20 PM EDT
The Florida Panthers aren’t really a team in the spotlight very much. Sure Dale Tallon will help fix their roster up a bit and the team may get better in a couple of years, but in the meantime they’ve got to do some fun things to try and keep up with the Miami Heat and their legion of basketball doom. Thankfully, the way the Panthers are getting some attention is being done to help out a great charity. Steve Gorten of the Sun Sentinel shares the story with us.
Tad Hamilton he’s not, but you can still win a date with…drum roll…forward Shawn Matthias.
That’s right ladies, the Panthers will be auctioning off a date with Matthias on Friday at Opium Nightclub at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Hollywood as part of the Make-A-Wish Foundation’s 12th annual “Dream Date” Auction.
Handsome fella, Matthias.
Don’t fret guys. Dates with Panthers Ice Dancer Simona – you know she’s star material when she only needs one name — and FSN’s Allison “easy on the eyes” Williams will also be auctioned off.
Helping out the Make-A-Wish foundation is a great thing to do. As for the good looks of Matthias, Simona or Allison Williams… Who am I to judge here? Safe to say though that whomever plunks down their money to help out Make-A-Wish and get a date with a local celebrity is doing so out of the goodness of their own heart. At least I’d hope that’s the reason why they’re doing so and not being a high-priced creeper with a heart of gold.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 2
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 29
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)