Jul 21, 2010, 9:20 PM EDT
The Florida Panthers aren’t really a team in the spotlight very much. Sure Dale Tallon will help fix their roster up a bit and the team may get better in a couple of years, but in the meantime they’ve got to do some fun things to try and keep up with the Miami Heat and their legion of basketball doom. Thankfully, the way the Panthers are getting some attention is being done to help out a great charity. Steve Gorten of the Sun Sentinel shares the story with us.
Tad Hamilton he’s not, but you can still win a date with…drum roll…forward Shawn Matthias.
That’s right ladies, the Panthers will be auctioning off a date with Matthias on Friday at Opium Nightclub at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Hollywood as part of the Make-A-Wish Foundation’s 12th annual “Dream Date” Auction.
Handsome fella, Matthias.
Don’t fret guys. Dates with Panthers Ice Dancer Simona - you know she’s star material when she only needs one name — and FSN’s Allison “easy on the eyes” Williams will also be auctioned off.
Helping out the Make-A-Wish foundation is a great thing to do. As for the good looks of Matthias, Simona or Allison Williams… Who am I to judge here? Safe to say though that whomever plunks down their money to help out Make-A-Wish and get a date with a local celebrity is doing so out of the goodness of their own heart. At least I’d hope that’s the reason why they’re doing so and not being a high-priced creeper with a heart of gold.
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 16
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 44
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 0
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 4
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Report: Kings’ Stoll may have head, shoulder injuries 15
- Rangers’ goaltending a concern? ‘We know what Henrik is,’ says Tortorella 25
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- PFT: Gronk's arm infection clear after surgery
- HBT: Dodgers have 'no plans' to fire Mattingly
- PBT: Brothers assaulted for taking Lillard's photo?
- PBT: Nets reportedly 'hone in' on Grizzlies' Hollins
- CBT: Ex-Rutgers coach Rice seeks Lucas' counsel
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings top Blackhawks in Game 3
- Play Video: Cleary: 'We won't be exchanging Christmas cards'
- Play Video: 'Hawks potential tying goal waved off
- Play Video: Blackhawks score on controversial play
- Play Video: Blackhawks bring the pain
- Play Video: Red Wings and BlackHawks fighting for control