Jul 21, 2010, 9:20 PM EDT
The Florida Panthers aren’t really a team in the spotlight very much. Sure Dale Tallon will help fix their roster up a bit and the team may get better in a couple of years, but in the meantime they’ve got to do some fun things to try and keep up with the Miami Heat and their legion of basketball doom. Thankfully, the way the Panthers are getting some attention is being done to help out a great charity. Steve Gorten of the Sun Sentinel shares the story with us.
Tad Hamilton he’s not, but you can still win a date with…drum roll…forward Shawn Matthias.
That’s right ladies, the Panthers will be auctioning off a date with Matthias on Friday at Opium Nightclub at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Hollywood as part of the Make-A-Wish Foundation’s 12th annual “Dream Date” Auction.
Handsome fella, Matthias.
Don’t fret guys. Dates with Panthers Ice Dancer Simona – you know she’s star material when she only needs one name — and FSN’s Allison “easy on the eyes” Williams will also be auctioned off.
Helping out the Make-A-Wish foundation is a great thing to do. As for the good looks of Matthias, Simona or Allison Williams… Who am I to judge here? Safe to say though that whomever plunks down their money to help out Make-A-Wish and get a date with a local celebrity is doing so out of the goodness of their own heart. At least I’d hope that’s the reason why they’re doing so and not being a high-priced creeper with a heart of gold.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 50
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 2
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)