Jul 21, 2010, 9:20 PM EDT
The Florida Panthers aren’t really a team in the spotlight very much. Sure Dale Tallon will help fix their roster up a bit and the team may get better in a couple of years, but in the meantime they’ve got to do some fun things to try and keep up with the Miami Heat and their legion of basketball doom. Thankfully, the way the Panthers are getting some attention is being done to help out a great charity. Steve Gorten of the Sun Sentinel shares the story with us.
Tad Hamilton he’s not, but you can still win a date with…drum roll…forward Shawn Matthias.
That’s right ladies, the Panthers will be auctioning off a date with Matthias on Friday at Opium Nightclub at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Hollywood as part of the Make-A-Wish Foundation’s 12th annual “Dream Date” Auction.
Handsome fella, Matthias.
Don’t fret guys. Dates with Panthers Ice Dancer Simona - you know she’s star material when she only needs one name — and FSN’s Allison “easy on the eyes” Williams will also be auctioned off.
Helping out the Make-A-Wish foundation is a great thing to do. As for the good looks of Matthias, Simona or Allison Williams… Who am I to judge here? Safe to say though that whomever plunks down their money to help out Make-A-Wish and get a date with a local celebrity is doing so out of the goodness of their own heart. At least I’d hope that’s the reason why they’re doing so and not being a high-priced creeper with a heart of gold.
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 25
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 26
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 40
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 53
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)