Jul 21, 2010, 9:20 PM EDT
The Florida Panthers aren’t really a team in the spotlight very much. Sure Dale Tallon will help fix their roster up a bit and the team may get better in a couple of years, but in the meantime they’ve got to do some fun things to try and keep up with the Miami Heat and their legion of basketball doom. Thankfully, the way the Panthers are getting some attention is being done to help out a great charity. Steve Gorten of the Sun Sentinel shares the story with us.
Tad Hamilton he’s not, but you can still win a date with…drum roll…forward Shawn Matthias.
That’s right ladies, the Panthers will be auctioning off a date with Matthias on Friday at Opium Nightclub at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Hollywood as part of the Make-A-Wish Foundation’s 12th annual “Dream Date” Auction.
Handsome fella, Matthias.
Don’t fret guys. Dates with Panthers Ice Dancer Simona – you know she’s star material when she only needs one name — and FSN’s Allison “easy on the eyes” Williams will also be auctioned off.
Helping out the Make-A-Wish foundation is a great thing to do. As for the good looks of Matthias, Simona or Allison Williams… Who am I to judge here? Safe to say though that whomever plunks down their money to help out Make-A-Wish and get a date with a local celebrity is doing so out of the goodness of their own heart. At least I’d hope that’s the reason why they’re doing so and not being a high-priced creeper with a heart of gold.
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 0
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 5
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 37
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 10
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)